Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

45 minutes ago, melthebell said:

ALL Trump fans believe Putin, they believe in lies and mistruths

How do you account for me then?

Or am I the exception to the rule?

I personally find your comment quite insulting.

I think Trump had a valid role as a disruptor of the cozy ruling establishment and resulting Groupthink that has built up over the years in the West and his election and term in office was good for reminding Government officials, who they work for.

I do however think he is a buffoon, as much of a liar as any other politician and suspect he probably has a fair few skeletons in his closet, with his close links to dodgy characters like Epstein.

As for Putin...I have never been a fan.

A little man with a big chip on his shoulder.

He has destroyed Russia and taken us back in his time machine to 1983..destroying all the good work of Gorbachev.

He is terrifying my family (and me) and I hope he is removed from power as soon as possible and things calm down.

Don't assume everyone who thinks Trump was a breathe of fresh air (or voted for Brexit) loves Putin and vice versa.

I have already stated that I am really impressed by how the EU is handling this crisis...although I am in strong disagreement with them over Brexit.

Again, as I said...things are never black or white.

1 minute ago, FoxLady said:

Well said, Mel!

There are 3 or 4 on this forum who must sit there and think "what can we write to argue about anything and everything"!

They're also experts in....well.....everything it seems!

That maybe so and it is irritating when people disagree...but that freedom to disagree is really what is being defended (in blood) at this very moment a 1000 miles away.

You would never be allowed to disagree with the official line like this in Putin's Russia.

3 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Well said, Mel!

There are 3 or 4 on this forum who must sit there and think "what can we write to argue about anything and everything"!

Funnily enough, its same as what James O Brien has said on the matter, since Trump uttered those words "fake news" its now an industry and people, regimes use it to their own ends as a tool, a weapon.

7 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

How do you account for me then?

Or am I the exception to the rule?

I personally find your comment quite insulting.

I think Trump had a valid role as a disruptor of the cozy ruling establishment and resulting Groupthink that has built up over the years in the West and his election and term in office was good for reminding Government officials, who they work for.

I do however think he is a buffoon, as much of a liar as any other politician and suspect he probably has a fair few skeletons in his closet, with his close links to dodgy characters like Epstein.

As for Putin...I have never been a fan.

A little man with a big chip on his shoulder.

He has destroyed Russia and taken us back in his time machine to 1983..destroying all the good work of Gorbachev.

He is terrifying my family (and me) and I hope he is removed from power as soon as possible and things calm down.

Don't assume everyone who thinks Trump was a breathe of fresh air (or voted for Brexit) loves Putin and vice versa.

I have already stated that I am really impressed by how the EU is handling this crisis...although I am in strong disagreement with them over Brexit.

Again, as I said...things are never black or white.

I dont care if you find it insulting or not, youve said some good stuff on this thread but Trump is part of the problem, in fact its him that opened the fake news can of worms, as well as a mate and more? of Putins, personally i HATE him too.

7 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Well said, Mel!

Hmmm... :huh:

I agree! :thumbsup:

The forum is very fortunate to have so many well-informed contributors... :hihi:

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

personally i HATE him too

I'm with you there!

12 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Well said, Mel!

Not really, it's not easy going against the grain (see against the brainwashed). We've thought it through and come to a different conclusion.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Funnily enough, its same as what James O Brien has said on the matter, since Trump uttered those words "fake news" its now an industry and people, regimes use it to their own ends as a tool, a weapon.

I dont care if you find it insulting or not, youve said some good stuff on this thread but Trump is part of the problem, in fact its him that opened the fake news can of worms, as well as a mate and more? of Putins, personally i HATE him too.

Remember when JOB had Carole Cadswallop on his show to congratulate her on her journalistic award for investigating Russian influence. Only for it all to be shown to be a big pile of poo and she had to pay whopping compensation? 

Just been reminded of another interesting factlet LOL, Last year wee Tommy Robinson went to Russia, part of his visit, alledgedly was to open Bank accounts there to stash his money in

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/world/europe/uk-far-right-tommy-robinson-russia.html

Hows it looking now Tommy?

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Just been reminded of another interesting factlet LOL, Last year wee Tommy Robinson went to Russia, part of his visit, alledgedly was to open Bank accounts there to stash his money in

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/world/europe/uk-far-right-tommy-robinson-russia.html

Hows it looking now Tommy?

He's on gettr now and live streams most days. Why don't you join and burst a blood vessel?

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

He's on gettr now and live streams most days. Why don't you join and burst a blood vessel?

you can go ask him how his bank accounts getting on now with sanctions for me

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

you can go ask him how his bank accounts getting on now with sanctions for me

I don't much like him or Farage for that matter.

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I don't much like him or Farage for that matter.

dont talk wet, hes a Russia and Trump fan too, hes a perfect fit for you

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

dont talk wet, hes a Russia and Trump fan too, hes a perfect fit for you

Nope I support who I feel is right. Robbo does what he does for money. Farage is the type of Tory I can't stand. Given a chance he'd reopen workhouses and privatise the NHS. I supported him on Brexit but nothing else.