Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Nobody can come up with an accurate figure for the percentage of the Russian population who are behind Putin for obvious reasons.  My guess is well over 70% of the Russian population mostly privately are against Putin since the Ukraine invasion.

I will get mi coat.

1 hour ago, Thorpist said:

The sad thing is that an awful lot of people will be die and be maimed for Putins ideology.

The west really need to get the information to the Russian people as they are the only ones who can truly defeat Putin.  
sanctions against all his cronies ( the oligarchs didn’t get their wealth without his backing) may help them turn against him. 
We in the west must be prepared for a huge change in our living standards to help combat this genocidal attack on a country that voluntarily gave up its Nuclear arsenal.

The West couldn't even get the message out to our own people,  they didn't exactly tell the truth to the public why we got involved in the Middle East ..

1 hour ago, Thorpist said:

The sad thing is that an awful lot of people will be die and be maimed for Putins ideology.

The west really need to get the information to the Russian people as they are the only ones who can truly defeat Putin.  
sanctions against all his cronies ( the oligarchs didn’t get their wealth without his backing) may help them turn against him. 
We in the west must be prepared for a huge change in our living standards to help combat this genocidal attack on a country that voluntarily gave up its Nuclear arsenal.

Do you remember when NATO bombed civilians in Serbia because Kosovo wanted independence? If so what is the difference from Kosovo wanting independence and the Crimea and Donbass?

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

He’s waited some time to flex his muscles on the big stage, I just wonder why. Perhaps he feels that he has something to prove, or he’s simply a genocidal lunatic, I can’t make my mind up which is the worst.

It's been going on since 2014 (this time) there has been civil war. A couple of areas want to re-join Russia. The Crimea and Donbass regions. They've been subject to attacks by the Ukrainian National Guard. Putin has sent troops to protect them. He's been trying to get the west to help sort the situation out. What did they do? Nothing because it would assist Russia and expand their borders. It's a highly complicated issue and war seems the only way. It's like the Palestine issue. Both sides think the area is there's and won't accept the others point of view. We have had a similar problem with Northern Island for a 100 years. Things are never that simple even though the media want everybody to think Putin woke up one day and decided he'd do a bit of invading because he's an evil tyrant. 

3 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Do you remember when NATO bombed civilians in Serbia because Kosovo wanted independence? If so what is the difference from Kosovo wanting independence and the Crimea and Donbass?

NATO bombed Yugoslavia because they were ethnically cleansing Albanians in Kosovo at the time.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

70% of the Russian population are behind Putin so no big upraising is  going to happen there .

Even if they were against him it's too late to stop now. He's almost won that's why Ukraine has decided to talk to the Russians. The media inspired dad's army will all be killed, it's unfair to ask them to fight when those encouraging won't.

1 minute ago, L00b said:

NATO bombed Yugoslavia because they were ethnically cleansing Albanians in Kosovo at the time.

The Nazi National Guard is doing the same to Russians in Crimea and Donbass. 30k have been killed in the civil war since 2014. Including 130 children.

NATO bombed civilians. Many died.

6 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

The Nazi National Guard is doing the same to Russians in Crimea and Donbass. 30k have been killed in the civil war since 2014. Including 130 children.

Let’s start with which unit is that?

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

Let’s start with which unit is that?

I've posted this before but people put there fingers in their ears and close their eyes because its an uncomfortable truth. They have grown in number and are now part of the Ukraine army.

Ukraine: On patrol with the far-right National Militia - BBC Newsnight - YouTube

50 minutes ago, L00b said:

Another one for you. This one they say they are fighting for the Ukrainian government

BBC again

The far-right group threatening to overthrow Ukraine's government - Newsnight - YouTube

Interesting and educational look at the tactics and strategy using maps by US servicemen

Every village has a SheffieldBricky.

We had more far right in Rotherham not so long ago. Should we bomb Rotherham for the gathering?

32 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Another one for you. This one they say they are fighting for the Ukrainian government

BBC again

The far-right group threatening to overthrow Ukraine's government - Newsnight - YouTube

Even that video debunks your theory/views it states 2-3,000 not a whole country then, remember when you said Roy James (BNP) was a good guy his BNP party had circa 11,811 paid up members  then

in case you forgotten you said:- 

"the word nazi was attributed to the BNP in a previous contribution. unfortuntely, there are more nazi's in the labour parties these days. although i do not beleive in everything the BNP stands for i must say that i used to know Roy James and always found him to be a good bloke "

Edited by steve68