Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

OOH it just got serious, lol

11 minutes ago

Russia threatens to block Wikipedia

The federal censor says it will block the entire website — the largest and most-read reference work in history — because of the online encyclopedia’s entry for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine (the Russian authorities have outlawed this very phrase as a description of the war).

source - https://meduza.io/en/live/2022/02/27/russia-s-war-against-ukraine

I have no faith in Joe Biden doing anything. As President, he will make the final indecision. Repeatedly. 

He is more interested in Louisiana than Latvia. There are few Ukrainians in the US, their votes are negligible. So rhetoric yes, rifles no. 

Never mind, Hollywood will fix it. An ex-marine with chiselled features and perfect teeth will destroy a forty mile long armed convoy with just a pistol, roger the sultry interpreter, and restore democracy. Perhaps not in that orzder. 

49 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Thanks Hacks, it's been a long day!

:thumbsup: . By the way Putin gets no support from this right winger 

4 minutes ago, Cyclecar said:

I have no faith in Joe Biden doing anything. As President, he will make the final indecision. Repeatedly. 

He is more interested in Louisiana than Latvia. There are few Ukrainians in the US, their votes are negligible. So rhetoric yes, rifles no. 

Never mind, Hollywood will fix it. An ex-marine with chiselled features and perfect teeth will destroy a forty mile long armed convoy with just a pistol, roger the sultry interpreter, and restore democracy. Perhaps not in that orzder. 

I didnt know the "sultry interpreter "  was called Roger 

Posted (edited)

Just discovered this youtube channel, US servicemen talking about the conflict, and talking about the strategy and how things are going right, and wrong

Edited by melthebell

Very chilling, this is a "could", Russia "could" use these mobile cremotoriums to burn evidence of any Russian casualties so they dont have to send the bodies back home

45 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Im not saying anything, im just saying that is a view i have heard about how all this has escalated...

as i said, i understand Russia was given these assurances during the collapse of the USSR that their borders wouldnt be encroached upon by such countries joining nato etc, and they have...

I am not so sure, the Former USSR were given assurances that they wouldnt.... or so i believe, but  i stand to be corrected

Don’t fudge between the USSR and Russia. The USSR ceased to exist and Russia declared itself, constitutionally, a representative democracy, in 1993.

So, how and when were Russia’s borders encroached?

How is a democratic, sovereign country joining NATO, the EU, the WTO (etc.) encroaching onto the border of its neighbour democratic, sovereign country?

Don’t worry banjo, I know exactly what you’re wanting to say. But clearly, daren’t.

10 minutes ago, L00b said:

Don’t fudge between the USSR and Russia. The USSR ceased to exist and Russia declared itself, constitutionally, a representative democracy, in 1993.

So, how and when were Russia’s borders encroached?

How is a democratic, sovereign country joining NATO, the EU, the WTO (etc.) encroaching onto the border of its neighbour democratic, sovereign country?

Don’t worry banjo, I know exactly what you’re wanting to say. But clearly, daren’t.

No idea what that is meant to imply...please elaborate

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

You  are wanting to defend Putin but cant 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Nah, much more rewarding to get you to eventually do that yourself through debate.

How and when were Russia’s borders “encroached” by ex-USSR countries to its West since 1993?

How is a democratic, sovereign country like Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Romania, Ukraine (etc.) joining NATO, the EU, the WTO (etc.) “encroaching” onto the border of its neighbour democratic, sovereign country, exactly?

Under what moral principle should a democratic, sovereign country having a border with Russia, like Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine, let Russia dictate whether it can join NATO, the EU, the WTO (etc.)?

These are not difficult questions to answer. And they’re only querying your position as stated in your posts.

Then we can move onto whether this could ever be justification enough for Russia’s ongoing war of aggression on Ukraine. Including the Russian war crimes currently mounting by the hour.

Edited by L00b

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

You  are wanting to defend Putin but cant 

If i wanted to defend Putin, i would nail my colours to the mast Hackey lad, i am just giving you the notion that the Russians were given promises, or believed they were given promises, that no encroachment would be made to their borders...

I am neither defending Putin or attacking him

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Nah, much more rewarding to get you to eventually do that yourself through debate.

How and when were Russia’s borders “encroached” by ex-USSR countries to its West since 1993?

How is a democratic, sovereign country like Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Romania, Ukraine (etc.) joining NATO, the EU, the WTO (etc.) “encroaching” onto the border of its neighbour democratic, sovereign country, Russia, exactly?

Under what moral principle should a democratic, sovereign country having a border with Russia, like Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, refrain from joining NATO, the EU, the WTO (etc.)?

I am not going there Loob.....

I am not stating it as fact, i really do not have an opinion on it...its just that i have heard it discussed  on many occasions, whether it is true or not i dont really know, and have no intention of defending it, i also have not taken a great interest in it...

this link is interesting if you care to take a read and make your own mind up, 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/12/russias-belief-in-nato-betrayal-and-why-it-matters-today