Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Thought experiment:

Let's say the Isle of White became an ally of Russia, and wanted to install military equipment and missiles pointed at London, "just in case" the U.K. decided to do a Regime change?

Would they have that right? Should they?

It’s a curious analogy. I note that Ukraine is a sovereign nation, not sure the Isle of White is?

If you were a citizen of the Isle of White, who would you want to be allied with, Russia or NATO?

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Thought experiment:

Let's say the Isle of White became an ally of Russia, and wanted to install military equipment and missiles pointed at London, "just in case" the U.K. decided to do a Regime change?

Would they have that right? Should they?

That's just it. The Cuban missile crisis was just that and the USA blockaded the island.

A good example would be Scotland if they voted for independence and then went further to the left and formed an alliance with Russia. Imagine Russian tanks just north of Newcastle.

I don't know why we bother though because they won't answer they just call us racists, or Trump supporters (I'm proud of that) or they'll change the subject. But we must try to make them see sense.

Just now, kidley said:

Poland sends MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukrainian Air Force.

Fake

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It’s a curious analogy. I note that Ukraine is a sovereign nation, not sure the Isle of White is?

If you were a citizen of the Isle of White, who would you want to be allied with, Russia or NATO?

Why don't you just answer the question though. If they wanted to do you think the UK government would allow Russian missiles there?

6 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Fake

Almost every video in this thread is manipulated...

And those that aren't aren't accepted as the truth.

Trumpistic mentality wins again - if I believe it, then its true, if it contradicts me it is fake...

7 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Why don't you just answer the question though. If they wanted to do you think the UK government would allow Russian missiles there?

Lets do it another way - if the Republic of Ireland wanted to let Russia put missile on its sovereign land, would the UK invade? I think not - it would have been a democratic choice.

Would the UK put defence on its border, yes, but would they launch an unprovoked attack killing women and children and then attempt to censor any news feeds into the UK - no...!

So how can you defend a war criminal that does that????

4 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Almost every video in this thread is manipulated...

And those that aren't aren't accepted as the truth.

Trumpistic mentality wins again - if I believe it, then its true, if it contradicts me it is fake...

Don't even have to look at that one. If Poland supplied fighter jets to shoot down Russian planes or attack troops it would mean NATO had started a war, Russia would probably attack Poland and they'd be justified in doing so.

Edit: I watched the first half it said Ukrainian pilots were in Poland and are flying the jest to Ukraine, that means Poland has joined the war.

Edited by SheffieldBricky

7 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

The analogy is a false equivalency, Ukraine is a sovereign country, Isle of White is not.

We’d have to cross that bridge when we got to it, though.

I think it highly unlikely the citizens of any county would choose to live under Putin’s regime, though, given the intelligence of some posters on this thread, I’m wondering if I’ve misjudged that!

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not even close to the point of the question.  :)

Bricky got it first time!

Cuba, a sovereign nation, was not allowed to install Russian missiles. Too close for comfort.  :)

Even though the US Government was plotting, and attempting, invasions, and the assassination of the popular Leader, Fidel.

I'm sure you'd agree, that Mexico and Canada would be treated the same way as Cuba.

Human pragmatic response is one thing, but feigned "moral supremacist" outrage, is hysterically hypocritical. :)

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The analogy is a false equivalency, Ukraine is a sovereign country, Isle of White is not.

We’d have to cross that bridge when we got to it, though.

I think it highly unlikely the citizens of any county would choose to live under Putin’s regime, though, given the intelligence of some posters on this thread, I’m wondering if I’ve misjudged that!

Here we go again 'intelligence'

Okay do you think the USA were right to stop Russians putting missiles on Cuban soil?

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Cuba, a sovereign nation, was not allowed to install Russian missiles. Too close for comfort.  :)

Even though the US Government was plotting, and attempting, invasions, and the assassination of the popular Leader, Fidel.

I'm sure you'd agree, that Mexico and Canada would be treated the same way as Cuba.

Human pragmatic response is one thing, but feigned "moral supremacist" outrage, is hysterically hypocritical. :)

Suggest you read1109.

Also, I’m genuinely curious, if you’re not happy with the ethics of western countries, why don’t you go live in Russia?

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

They just don't have a clue. They're not critical thinkers. They see something and don't think about the issue themselves. Then when you point out the flaws in their argument they call us 'thick' 🤡😂

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Suggest you read1109.

Also, I’m genuinely curious, if you’re not happy with the ethics of western countries, why don’t you go live in Russia?

Western countries have lied about every war over the last 70 years. They've all been built on a pack of lies, from Vietnam to Libya. We've killed millions, mostly innocent people. 

The USA secret service is the most corrupt organisation in the world.

Edited by SheffieldBricky

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Suggest you read1109.

Nice dissembling!  :)

I choose not to live in either, thank you!

I choose not to live in a weird dysfunctional binary world where everything is either black or white.  It begets hate and racism.

To me the beauty and understanding of the world is represented in it's subtle nuances.

Edited by trastrick

11 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

They just don't have a clue. They're not critical thinkers. They see something and don't think about the issue themselves. Then when you point out the flaws in their argument they call us 'thick' 🤡😂

Western countries have lied about every war over the last 70 years. They've all been built on a pack of lies, from Vietnam to Libya. We've killed millions, mostly innocent people. 

The USA secret service is the most corrupt organisation in the world.

Don't Russia lie? Putin's pretense for invading Ukraine is to prevent the genocide that's happening there. However Reuters reports that observers have said such claims of genocide are 'baseless' and fabricated serving only to justify a military intervention.

How anyone can watch the tragic suffering being  inflicted on those people in Ukraine on our news channels and defend Putin is beyond comprehension.

The Man is a war criminal and will be a victim of his own downfall in the end.