Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

A little known group has admitted responsibility for the car bombing in Russia

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

I do kinda get the distinction, but for me there's no nationalism without patriotism. It's like the gateway drug. Anyway, hopefully there will be few volunteers for Putin's murderthon.

I don’t disagree with the “gateway drug” analogy. Though I prefer to stick with the virtuous definition of the adjective, as would e.g. be used to qualify Ukrainians returning from afar to their home country for defending it. Personal choice borne from historical family perspective 🙂

There will likely be many, many thousands of ‘volunteers’ for the modern-day Red Army. Not because they’re patriots, or nationalists, to any great extent. But because he’s extended the initiative to inmates, for many of whom the lure of unchecked loot, rape, etc. will be hard to resist - beside the big (-for Russia) pay check. Notwithstanding that most may never end up collecting their first.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

A little known group has admitted responsibility for the car bombing in Russia

Shame they don't seem to have a gofundme page 😉

4 hours ago, L00b said:

I don’t disagree with the “gateway drug” analogy. Though I prefer to stick with the virtuous definition of the adjective, as would e.g. be used to qualify Ukrainians returning from afar to their home country for defending it. Personal choice borne from historical family perspective 🙂

There will likely be many, many thousands of ‘volunteers’ for the modern-day Red Army. Not because they’re patriots, or nationalists, to any great extent. But because he’s extended the initiative to inmates, for many of whom the lure of unchecked loot, rape, etc. will be hard to resist - beside the big (-for Russia) pay check. Notwithstanding that most may never end up collecting their first.

I very much doubt they’ll see a single ruble. There’s much speculation that the reason Russia doesn’t want the bodies of its troops back (apart from the obvious propaganda reasons) is they can avoid paying the so called “coffin money “ to the deceased’s family. Simply put, no body no money. Another reason why the crew of the Moskva were supposedly killed in an accident in international waters rather than in combat.

Well said George. 👏

https://fb.watch/f3Q9D7sgyL/

Those with questionable morals will either dismiss the contents as fiction without checking for themselves or just not bother watching at all.

I checked, will you?

Edited by The_DADDY

28 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well said George. 👏

https://fb.watch/f3Q9D7sgyL/

Those with questionable morals will either dismiss the contents as fiction without checking for themselves or just not bother watching at all.

I checked, will you?

What did you check and where ?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Guest sibon
9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I’ve no need to check.

If Gorgeous George is advocating something, I’m virtually certain to be on the other side.

On 23/08/2022 at 11:23, sibon said:

I’ve no need to check.

If Gorgeous George is advocating something, I’m virtually certain to be on the other side.

He was a Labour man for years and years.

Guest sibon
Just now, HumbleNarrator said:

He was a Labour man for years and years.

Thanks for that.

What does it have to do with anything?

Well, aren’t there some sensitive souls on here 😏 🙄

Edited by L00b

Why is Boris Johnson implying that the cost of living crisis is down to the Ukraine invasion ? Most of the high oil price is down to that but the oil price was actually going up before. Inflation is the big killer and that was most certainly going up before Ukraine as well, in fact I put a thread on a Business forum about that problem back in Nov 2021 and had been very worried about it since early 2021.

No, the main reason we are where we are, economically, is shutting down much of the world economy for months on end and at the same time pumping Billions of pounds into it during the pandemic, plus the treasury coffers are empty because of all the money paid out during it (esp furlough). IT IS NOT UKRAINE !

UK Inflation rate

united-kingdom-inflation-cpi.png?s=ukrpc

Oil price

_124404346_eeca2c95-8eef-4d04-ae7e-b0f97

Edited by Chekhov