Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

Chill, croat77 â˜ș

We already know the Russian propaganda line, it’s trotted out daily by their Foreign Secretary and embassies. Whole load of “the West made us do it” nonsense, that any 5 year old would scoff at.

Don’t be getting a ban over that waste of bandwidth that are Oleg’s posts, just put that poster on your ignore list. The more of us do, the faster s/he’ll go find a new platform.

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

Chill, croat77 â˜ș

We already know the Russian propaganda line, it’s trotted out daily by their Foreign Secretary and embassies. Whole load of “the West made us do it” nonsense, that any 5 year old would scoff at.

Don’t be getting a ban over that waste of bandwidth that are Oleg’s posts, just put that poster on your ignore list. The more of us do, the faster s/he’ll go find a new platform.

You’re probably right though to be fair I do understand croats sentiment.

1 minute ago, Jim117 said:

You’re probably right though to be fair I do understand croats sentiment.

I certainly understand croat77’s sentiment too 🙂

But Oleg is either a local troll, or a professional troll on Putin’s payroll or, if you take his posts at face value, gaslight past his eyeballs up to his hair root
and so in no case worth engaging with. Might as well play chess with a pigeon 😉

30 minutes ago, OlegAney said:

The collective West  contributed to the eruption of the war in Ukraine. Russians did not want this war. For Russians, it is a defensive move, their last stand before NATO bombs would fall on the Russian territory. When the war in Ukraine will be over, Russia will take necessary steps to ensure that the new government of Ukraine will swear neutrality, just as it was before Euromaidan. And I hope that this time people who will come to power in Ukraine will realize how important it is to be inclusive, tolerant, and democratic and peaceful.

It is important though to recognize that the West and Russia are two different realities.

In Russia however what to British people looks brutal and paranoid is really a result of a different vision - of the need for example of an immediacy in going from point a to b. Of a singleness of vision in regards to what is detrimental. I have spoken with many people about this difference between the two cultures - what to you seems a high value of tolerance to Russians seems hypocritical in reality and self-deluded in result; i.e. if a culture believes in something shouldn't it be an inherent cultural imperative to defend these beliefs? or similarly: how can you say you believe in something if you are not willing to act against whatever threatens this?

Half a century ago England was a Christian country (albeit of the Anglican variety, mostly). It was at one time taken for granted that people were Christians here. Not only that, but it was understood - because it did not have to be stated - that this was a country whose culture, morals and outlook had been formed by the Christian faith. This country bent over backwards to be welcoming and tolerant towards those who came here from the 1960s onwards who were not Christian, and, indeed, for the most part, Moslem. At the same time, we saw a growth in secularism, materialism, modernism, and the dilution of the Christian foundations of the British society. Only recently has it become apparent that the Christian faith here needs defending, but such has been the progress of those elements in society which oppose it that views which were the norm only thirty or forty years ago are now condemned as rabidly reactionary. In Russia, however, Christianity always was an integral part of the very fabric of life  in a way which defined what Russia was and what it meant to be Russian in a much deeper way than could be said of the Church in England, for instance.

This was so to such an extent that the catastrophe of the Revolution and the 70 years 'Babylonian captivity' could not erase that reality. Russians feel that the Faith defines who they are as a people and defines Russia as a country as they understand themselves to be, as they know it. 

Perhaps you could say then that these are two different visions of reality: the 'tolerant' Western one and the 'actively protective' Russian one... 

+

It surprised me that you claim to be a Christian and support the invasion of a country and the murder of its civilians.

An even bigger surprise is your claim to be "... inclusive, tolerant, and democratic and peaceful." when in reality you defend the murderous attack on civilians.

You are hiding behind your version of god and its belief system to try and justify murder.

1 hour ago, OlegAney said:

The collective West  contributed to the eruption of the war in Ukraine. Russians did not want this war. For Russians, it is a defensive move, their last stand before NATO bombs would fall on the Russian territory. When the war in Ukraine will be over, Russia will take necessary steps to ensure that the new government of Ukraine will swear neutrality, just as it was before Euromaidan. And I hope that this time people who will come to power in Ukraine will realize how important it is to be inclusive, tolerant, and democratic, and peaceful.

It is important though to recognize that the West and Russia are two different realities.

In Russia however what to British people looks brutal and paranoid is really a result of a different vision - of the need for example of an immediacy in going from point a to b. Of a singleness of vision in regards to what is detrimental. I have spoken with many people about this difference between the two cultures - what to you seems a high value of tolerance to Russians seems hypocritical in reality and self-deluded in result; i.e. if a culture believes in something shouldn't it be an inherent cultural imperative to defend these beliefs? or similarly: how can you say you believe in something if you are not willing to act against whatever threatens this?

Half a century ago England was a Christian country (albeit of the Anglican variety, mostly). It was at one time taken for granted that people were Christians here. Not only that, but it was understood - because it did not have to be stated - that this was a country whose culture, morals and outlook had been formed by the Christian faith. This country bent over backwards to be welcoming and tolerant towards those who came here from the 1960s onwards who were not Christian, and, indeed, for the most part, Moslem. At the same time, we saw a growth in secularism, materialism, modernism, and the dilution of the Christian foundations of the British society. Only recently has it become apparent that the Christian faith here needs defending, but such has been the progress of those elements in society which oppose it that views which were the norm only thirty or forty years ago are now condemned as rabidly reactionary. In Russia, however, Christianity always was an integral part of the very fabric of life  in a way which defined what Russia was and what it meant to be Russian in a much deeper way than could be said of the Church in England, for instance.

This was so to such an extent that the catastrophe of the Revolution and the 70 years 'Babylonian captivity' could not erase that reality. Russians feel that the Faith defines who they are as a people and defines Russia as a country as they understand themselves to be, as they know it. 

Perhaps you could say then that these are two different visions of reality: the 'tolerant' Western one and the 'actively protective' Russian one... 

+

Why have you reappeared after three years  ? Is it purely to spread your bile ?

4 hours ago, OlegAney said:

The collective West  contributed to the eruption of the war in Ukraine. Russians did not want this war. For Russians, it is a defensive move, their last stand before NATO bombs would fall on the Russian territory. When the war in Ukraine will be over, Russia will take necessary steps to ensure that the new government of Ukraine will swear neutrality, just as it was before Euromaidan. And I hope that this time people who will come to power in Ukraine will realize how important it is to be inclusive, tolerant, and democratic, and peaceful.

With your personal support your Russian bombs, your Russian bullets, your Russian missiles and your Russian soldiers are murdering people. What a Christian.

Tell your pal Putin that he may have done a good job of persuading his people but his catchphrases of:

"Russians did not want this war." (BUT we will murder people to get our own way).

"For Russians, it is a defensive move..." (BUT we won't defend we will invade and murder).

seriously underestimate the intelligence of people who are not going to be bullied.

41 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

With your personal support your Russian bombs, your Russian bullets, your Russian missiles and your Russian soldiers are murdering people. What a Christian.

The Russians (and Putin in particular) claim God is on their side...because of their pet priest Patriarch Kirill.

For a man so committed to the word of God, you'd be surprised how he found the time to amass a personal fortune of up to 8 billion dollars...including a ÂŁ20000 watch.

I suppose however you need a good watch to not be late for Mass.

"Thus I clothe my naked villainy in old, odd ends, stole forth from Holy Writ...to seem a Saint, when most I play the Devil"

Billions of dollars must help fill a huge hole in the Soul of Patriarch Kirill...

5 hours ago, OlegAney said:

In Russia, however, Christianity always was an integral part of the very fabric of life  in a way which defined what Russia was and what it meant to be Russian in a much deeper way than could be said of the Church in England, for instance.

...more like an easy way to make a fat load of illicit cash and get out of military service by chanting and wearing a funny hat.

Russia is an brutal uncivilised country, it has lost it’s dominions and is looking to strike fear into it’s neighbours. Putin appears to have problems, the glazed look on his face when filmed and the mammoth table used for one to one meetings comes to mind. The question that I hope never has to be answered is what will NATO do if Russia  decides to invade say, Poland?

As sorry as I feel for Ukraine this must not lead to WW3, rank and file Russians are no different to those of other nations, they would love the creature comforts that we take for granted, perhaps we should remind them of what they are.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Russia is an brutal uncivilised country, it has lost it’s dominions and is looking to strike fear into it’s neighbours. Putin appears to have problems, the glazed look on his face when filmed and the mammoth table used for one to one meetings comes to mind. The question that I hope never has to be answered is what will NATO do if Russia  decides to invade say, Poland?

As sorry as I feel for Ukraine this must not lead to WW3, rank and file Russians are no different to those of other nations, they would love the creature comforts that we take for granted, perhaps we should remind them of what they are.

I don’t believe they were capable of successfully invading Poland at the start of this war. After a couple of months suffering heavy attrition and the fact of Nato bolstering its defences I see no reason to alter my opinion.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Squash them like a bug. You've seen how poorly the Russian military has fared against Ukraine, a country without the latest military equipment. The only thing Russia has had some success with is its long range weapons such as missiles and artillery. I would imagine they would be taken out in the first couple of hours by NATO air power in the event of an invasion.

The only thing Putin would be left with is his nukes which would, essentially, be the end of the world.

Edited by whiteowl
typo

1 hour ago, whiteowl said:

Squash them like a bug. You've seen how poorly the Russian military has fared against Ukraine, a country without the latest military equipment. The only thing Russia has had some success with is its long range weapons such as missiles and artillery. I would imagine they would be taken out in the first couple of hours by NATO air power in the event of an invasion.

The only thing Putin would be left with is his nukes which would, essentially, be the end of the world.

Remember how they handled the far superior Nazis, this is through the fear of not offering to lay down their lives for Mother Russia. This is why I am an advocate of bombarding them with  info on how good it is in the West.