Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

2 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

What would you expect from the Russian Foreign Ministry propaganda machine?

Snipped 

Is Russia the only country to use 'propaganda' or does everyone do it?

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Is Russia the only country to use 'propaganda' or does everyone do it?

Not many get a voice on this Forum and get congratulated for their efforts.

2 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Not many get a voice on this Forum and get congratulated for their efforts.

Who is the 'not many'?

1 hour ago, OlegAney said:

You Made me Smile, Annie, first, and then made me search the searching engine 0!0

Following your advice I've found a poll on a Russian site affiliated with Ministry of Foreign Affaires - the most handsome man in Russia? Lavrov took 1st place with a two-fold lead over Putin. 

Smile again.

Lavrov is an Armenian (in case you don't know).  He uses his stepfather’s surname to identify  as Russian. Also of note, his biological father was an Armenian from Tbilisi, Georgia. And Lavrov barely lived in Georgia as a child. So, his mental connection to Armenia is more than Georgia. What do you think he - as an Armenian - thinks about genocide - the Armenian genocide and destruction of the Armenian people in the Ottoman (Turkish) Empire? Also, as a foreign minister of Russia, will he turn a blind eye to nazism in the Ukraine? 

At the same time, Boris Johnson is one part Russian! and one part Turkish!    But does he seem like the man who wants to help Russia and Turkey? 

And now on a more personal note... I love 🤍 your first name, Annie Bynnol!  How do you pronounce your first name? I'm sure it sounds the same as my second name in Oleg Aney, right? With [i:] sound at the end?  We have almost the same names... but our nationalities/views may be proper different.

Similarly, the Jewish origin of Zelenski  is not a guarantee of protection from rampant neo-Nazism in the Ukraine. There are loads and loads of photos on the Internet showing hundreds of Ukrainian nationalists dressed like Nazi marching in honour of Nizi in Kiev and Lviv.

Sad story...

(My underlining).

What is your excuse for copying and pasting propaganda issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry in Moscow?

You are still copying and pasting their material without acknowledging the source.

9 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

(My underlining).

What is your excuse for copying and pasting propaganda issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry in Moscow?

You are still copying and pasting their material without acknowledging the source.

I knew there was a good reason I slapped that nekulturny idiot onto my ignore list.

Maybe the aim is to get SF sanctioned like RT & Sputnik 😂

Oh by the way - https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-705763

Well played Vlad 👍🏻

33 minutes ago, OlegAney said:

Maybe it sounds like a lame excuse to you but it's much easier for me to copy & paste in English rather than write on my own as the English language is my third foreign language indeed (French comes first).

But what is really more important here than 'acknowledging the source' is that what Sergei Lavrov keeps saying is the truth.  Despite Azove Regiment's reputation for their neo-Nazi affiliations to the extent that is found inappropriate by Western democracies, the neo-Nazi Azove unit was folded into Ukraine's National Guard by the Ukrainian president Petro Parashenko and now equipped under Zelenski's mil regime to its max capacity with NATO weapons and  mercinaries. (These affiliations explain why Azove used Ukrainian civilians as a shield in Mariupol, don't they?)

Of course, one might say that in times of war, people don't always ask questions about who's coming to kill for them... But I disagree with both the War and Zelenski.

Interesting, what’s your opinion on Putins personal Nazis, aka the Wagner group?

Dear Annie, maybe it sounds like a lame excuse to you but it's much easier for me to copy & paste in English rather than type on my own as the English language is my third foreign language indeed (French comes first!).

But what is really more important here than 'acknowledging the source' is that what Sergei Lavrov keeps saying is the truth.  Despite Azove Regiment's reputation for their neo-Nazi affiliations to the extent that is found inappropriate by Western democracies per se, the neo-Nazi Azove unit is folded into Ukraine's National Guard and equipped under Zelenski's mil regime to its max capacity  -- with NATO weapons and  mercinaries. (These affiliations explain why Azove used Ukrainian civilians as a shield in Mariupole, didn't they?)

Of course, one might say that in times of war, politicians don't ask questions about who's coming to kill for them... But I disagree with this; I disagree with both the War & Zelenski.

What is really important is you failing to admit that you have copied and pasted a translation of a statement issued by the Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation, Sergey Viktorovich Lavrov.

You have given the impression that these are you opinions-which is not true, these are the opinions of the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Viktorovich Lavrov.

That English is not your first language is no excuse(it is not mine either) to give the impression that you are voicing your own opinion rather than that of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.

They  appear to be private actors  since Russian law, as far as I know,  prohibits its citizens from fighting for financial gain outside the country’s borders. De facto they are Putin's personnel under cover. Though technically, I guess Wagners are more like the US Blackwater group but perhaps more brainwashed with chauvinistic ideas.

They're not Nazis by any means. They can't be Nazi; they proudly honour their grandfathers who fought against German fascists  including   Ukrainian SS-Freiwilligen Division'"Galizien'  in the 2 WW.

If they can't be Nazis, explain why their founder, Dmitry Utkin, has Waffen-SS insignia tattoos.

Well, it looks like the European Union is finally coming to terms, with the reality, that continued buying of Russian Gas and Oil Fossil Fuels, especially at the high prices Putin is charging them, is actually financing the slaughter, rape and destruction of the Ukraine.

(The obvious question that arises is how these "Paris Accord" signatories, who lecture the world about Fossil Fuel dependency, came to be dependent on a "mad, genicidal, war criminal",  which would appear to give lie to at least one of their accusations. Putin is no "madman", and their reluctance to understand that fact, is just one reason they are in the mess, they are.)

But no matter.

Their the EU Dear Leader, has "proposed" to place a ban on Russian  Oil imports.

Note, No mention of Russian Gas. :)

The proposal would take from 6 months to a year to implement, once it has been passed by the EU.

And there's the Rub! It would have to be passed.

Some member States, she says, "are strongly dependent on Russian oil. But we simply have to work on it." and their concerns must be accommodated."

So they can get a meeting organized to discuss it sometime in June, and they can argue about "exemptions" there.

Meanwhile the slaughter, rape and destruction will continue indefinitely, while they discuss their own "needs" to "minimize the impact" on their material lifestyles, and presumably, their political futures :)

So unless there is some other Leadership on the horizon, Turkey, U.N. a strong U.S.  who will lead a serious effort for a Negotiated Settlement, this latest fiasco and it's mayhem will continue.

The politicians and the warmongers will get rich, as usual, and their trained seals will clap, and the poor civilians will pay the price.

Sad!

God save the Ukrainians.

God save us all!

Edited by trastrick

The EU is neither a federation, nor a dictatorship, but a union of sovereign countries.

I know this must be hard to understand , for a Russophile.

• Like 1

Radio 4 news this morning, apparently U.K. serial sex offenders are attempting to give shelter to Ukrainian women, after what they have gone through this is all they need.

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

The EU is neither a federation, nor a dictatorship, but a union of sovereign countries.

I know this must be hard to understand , for a Russophile.

No Russophile here. mate.

I would have done what another recent leader would have done. Threaten to take out the Kremlin if they invade.

Like he did with North Korea, and the Taliban. and Iran's Terrorist Top General.

Totalitarians only respect strength, they thrive on weakness.