Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

Why pose “a simple question “ and then confuse the issue with your second paragraph.

The majority of Ukrainian people have long demonstrated their wish to be a sovereign nation and not to revert to Russian rule.

The western nations have so far supported that aim and I see no way that they could easily end this war.

Even if Russia does annexe parts of Ukraine,resistance and new border strife will continue into the future.

18 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Why pose “a simple question “ and then confuse the issue with your second paragraph.

It is perfectly clear why, because it works...

49 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The majority of Ukrainian people have long demonstrated their wish to be a sovereign nation and not to revert to Russian rule.

The western nations have so far supported that aim and I see no way that they could easily end this war.

Even if Russia does annexe parts of Ukraine,resistance and new border strife will continue into the future.

It's a simple question, given the cirmstances. Circumstance rule lives.

I outlined the circumstances :)

As outlined below:

"For a moment, let us imagine that Canada or Mexico were fully armed with nuclear missiles pointed at the major cities of the United States. Which US president would tolerate such a threat at its borders? The charismatic Kennedy certainly did not, even when it came to arming Cuba. So, despite whatever we may say about the sovereignty of nations or the sanctity of borders, great powers will do what they must to retain or strengthen their position in the world. If not, why did the world stand by and watch when China gobbled up Tibet, a country of 1.228 million sq km, and over 1/3 the size of India? China continues to flex its muscles in the South China Sea and on our Himalayan borders, grabbing an inch here and a yard there, with the world doing little to stop its expansionism".

https://www.firstpost.com/world/off-centre-the-biden-blunder-depicting-putin-as-a-madman-wont-help-wests-cause-10435701.html

23 hours ago, Magilla said:

Over 2,000 years before China became a communist state :?

It's almost like you can see the cogs move! :hihi:

Sure, pull the other one! :thumbsup: :hihi:

Chinese philosophy hasn't change much in those 2,000 years. They've been around a long time, and intend to stay around for a lot longer. 

Journey of thousand miles begins with single steps.

Patience they have!  :)

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Chinese philosophy hasn't change much in those 2,000 years. They've been around a long time, and intend to stay around for a lot longer. 

Journey of thousand miles begins with single steps.

Patience they have!  :)

The fact of you confusing traditional Chinese philosophy, Taoism, with modern day Chinese so-called Communism, well, speaks volumes it does!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, trastrick said:

Sure, or you got it completely wrong... again!

14 hours ago, Waldo said:

The fact of you confusing traditional Chinese philosophy, Taoism, with modern day Chinese so-called Communism, well, speaks volumes it does!

Trump loves the poorly educated! :hihi:

Are people obsessed with Donald Trump ?

The negative obsession with this particular politician, is a condition prevalent in today's politically polarized society. It is referred to as Trump Derangement Syndrom.

The term TDS has now been entered into the dictionaries.

How is it expressed?

The very first post in SF's  "Mr. Trump, All Discussions Here", was this one, and typical of the condition.

Post #1 "I loathe and despise Trump with every fibre of my being; he is a morally diseased, revoltingly self obsessed and horribly dangerous man".

It frequently gets injected into any dicussion of current affairs.

What is it?

See: 

What is ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’ – and do you have it?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/19/politics/trump-derangement-syndrome/index.html

See also:

How does hate affect your mental health?

Experiences of hate are associated with poor emotional well-being such as feelings of anger, shame, and fear. Moreover, victims tend to experience poor mental health, including depression, anxiety, posttraumatic stress, and suicidal behavior.Nov 9, 2020

https://www.everydayhealth.com/emotional-health/destructive-power-hate/

Edited by trastrick

16 hours ago, Waldo said:

You need to brush up on your history. You too, Magilla!

(or a refund from the Teachers Union)  :)

Which philosophy is mostly used in Chinese society today?
Confucianism is one of the most influential religious philosophies in the history of China, and it has existed for over 2,500 years. It is concerned with inner virtue, morality, and respect for the community and its values.Aug 19, 2020

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/confucianism/

26 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The negative obsession with this particular politician, is a condition prevalent in today's politically polarized society. It is referred to as Trump Derangement Syndrom.

Cool story Bro, but no...

...hardly anyone mentions Trump at all, except in replies to your posts! :?

The term TDS has now been entered into the dictionaries.

Aye, the "Urban" ones, but then... so has BDS! :thumbsup:

Get yourself checked fella, you're definitely suffering! :D

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You need to brush up on your history. You too, Magilla!

No, I don't...certainly not your addled and completely incorrect version of it :thumbsup:

Laughable stuff, I'm embarrassed for you! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Cool story Bro, but no...

...hardly anyone mentions Trump at all, except in replies to your posts! :?

Aye, the "Urban" ones, but then... so has BDS! :thumbsup:

Get yourself checked fella, you're definitely suffering! :D

No, I don't... :thumbsup:

Urban Dictionary and Dictionary.com both have TDS defined.

But not OBS.

Got a cite or link?

I don't see CNN defining OBS either.  :)

I noticed you brushed off my reference to Confusionism as one of today's "most influential" philosophies in China. :)

Edited by trastrick

Taoism (not talking about religious Taoism here) is practically the antithesis of modern day Chinese communism, exhibited by the CCP.

Anyone confusing the two is simply displaying their own ignorance. It’s a shame, but some people are just too dim to realise how dim they actually are.