Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

Good points , except the 70 years of peace.   , In my life time (80 years ) we seem to have been at war with some one almost yearly , from Korea (China really) to Argentina , Egypt , the Arab Countries and so on (we even had a pop at Israel at one time . So real peace   in our time I have never seen and doubt very much if I ever will .

Just now, Leo Tomlinson said:

Good points , except the 70 years of peac thee.   , In my life time (80 years ) we seem to have been at war with some one almost yearly , from Korea (China really) to Argentina , Egypt , the Arab Countries and so on (we even had a pop at Israel at one time . So real peace   in our time I have never seen and doubt very much if I ever will .

I was talking about major geopolitical wars between the 2 great Military Powers (now 3)

I think you knew that, but here, in the first major European War since WW2, we are getting awfully close!

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

I was talking about major geopolitical wars between the 2 great Military Powers (now 3)

I think you knew that, but here, in the first major European War since WW2, we are getting awfully close!

Yep we are , One puff and we will be gone( on this small Island) , The vast landed Three will maybe escape with some structure intact but us lot in the UK will just be a memory .

UK is sending another £Billion worth of arms to Ukraine. 

Can we afford it?

Is it a gift or a loan? 

Are we just prolonging the agony, and how long can we continue?  

25 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Can we afford it?

Is it a gift or a loan? 

It’s far cheaper than WW3.

33 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Can we afford it?

Is it a gift or a loan? 

Well, I guess that depends: how’s your Russian coming along?

😏

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Can we afford it?

Is it a gift or a loan? 

Government does nothing in Ukraine -  Why isnt the Government doing something to help these poor people ? ,  Government sends arms worth £ billion -  Can we afford it ? 

It would be interesting to know how much other countries are contributing to help Ukraine?

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Can we afford it?

Is it a gift or a loan? 

You can dislike Boris for a number of reasons, but his stance towards Ukraine is spot on. 

Anyone with basic logic understand that our way of life, that includes but it's not limited to freedom of speech, democracy,  etc.  is now  being  under defended in Ukraine. If that fails in Ukraine, tomorrow will be Moldavia, Poland, Baltic countries.

Or, I can borrow you my book from primary school language lessons "говорите по русски" so we can all start teaching children lovely song about girl named Antoshka  digging potatoes .

What I don’t get is that reportedly two thirds of home based Russians think it to be a fair and just war. Don’t these guys have access to western media, are they really that happy with Putin’s control? Well I don’t believe a word of it, this is old style Soviet style domination at its worst IMHO.

Edited by crookesey

43 minutes ago, crookesey said:

What I don’t get is that reportedly two thirds of home based Russians think it to be a fair and just war. Don’t these guys have access to western media, are they really that happy with Putin’s control? Well I don’t believe a word of it, this is old style Soviet style domination at its worst IMHO.

There's a great number of Russians living in abject poverty, poorer than the Ukrainian people they invaded.  It was seen in the media when they were looting stuff like old TV's, toilets and home boilers.  Not exactly the usual spoils of war.

People like that don't have internet access, they know what the state tells them and that's all they know.

2 minutes ago, geared said:

There's a great number of Russians living in abject poverty, poorer than the Ukrainian people they invaded.  It was seen in the media when they were looting stuff like old TV's, toilets and home boilers.  Not exactly the usual spoils of war.

People like that don't have internet access, they know what the state tells them and that's all they know.

Come the revolution.