Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

6 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I  heard someone say on the Sunday Morning Politics show that Putin has warned the UK they will have a new nuclear missile ready by autumn that will be pointed in the direction of the UK.

I already though Russia had weapons of mass destruction that was capable of reaching the UK and America.  It this a more deadly weapon we are being threatened with?  

Putin says it will be a present for NATO.  It now makes me wonder where will this all end.  

The missiles Putin is speaking of is a hypersonic one & supposedly unstoppable due to its speed but then again, if enough of the current nuclear missiles were launched, some are bound to get through merely based on numbers involved.  The US are also supposed to have hypersonic missiles as well. 

You're right, the Russians already have missiles pointed at the UK.   I remember years ago The Star printing a Soviet, Cold War map showing its UK targets & Sheffield was one of them. 

Of course, the US & the UK also have our nuclear missiles permanently fixed on Russian targets.   Only waiting for the launch codes. 

I must say the gall of Putin, attending a church service for the Russian Orthodox Easter, while attempting to wipe out a nation & its people. 

Edited by Baron99

53 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Snipped 

The US are also supposed to have hypersonic missiles as well. 

Snipped 

The US lags behind the competition as far as hypersonic missiles go.

8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

The US lags behind the competition as far as hypersonic missiles go.

As a Putin apologist you’d be pleased about that.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The missiles Putin is speaking of is a hypersonic one & supposedly unstoppable due to its speed but then again, if enough of the current nuclear missiles were launched, some are bound to get through merely based on numbers involved.  The US are also supposed to have hypersonic missiles as well. 

You're right, the Russians already have missiles pointed at the UK.   I remember years ago The Star printing a Soviet, Cold War map showing its UK targets & Sheffield was one of them. 

Of course, the US & the UK also have our nuclear missiles permanently fixed on Russian targets.   Only waiting for the launch codes. 

I must say the gall of Putin, attending a church service for the Russian Orthodox Easter, while attempting to wipe out a nation & its people. 

Thank you Baron for explaining that to me.  

As for Putin going to church, nothing would surprise me what this man does anymore.  He doesn’t seem to care what his people think about him or other countries.  

18 hours ago, butlers said:

Ukraine Is Becoming a Dangerous Proxy War Between Russia and the West

https://flip.it/Ol_sBj

A rare agreement!

With the Ukranians left to do the dirty work on their own!

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Imagine that! 

I remember seeing a report on the sentencing of a child killer. He absolutely outraged the victims families, the judge, and the Media, when he smirked and gave the finger to them all, as he was led out of the courtroom.

That was really "over the top". Got more press than his crimes.

Such an outrageous lack of decency, I must say. :)

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Thank you Baron for explaining that to me.  

As for Putin going to church, nothing would surprise me what this man does anymore.  He doesn’t seem to care what his people think about him or other countries.  

Nothing unusual there.

Thatcher,Blair,most American Presidents have claimed a strong religious belief whilst their actions seem contradictory.

Guest makapaka
On 23/04/2022 at 13:11, trastrick said:

The rallying cries of nationalism, family, home and country, are no more

Good - they’re all the things that have led to this latest  war in the first place. 

19 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Russia!  :roll:

Possibly. 

However my money would be on America. Not directly of course but through a proxy.

• Haha 1

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

So who's going to be the one that kicks off that then eh?

Incorrect tense

So Lavrov & Putin are making all sorts of threats about "the West" supplying arms to the Ukraine.

They are such effin' hypocrites.

What were they doing in Korea and Vietnam for years on end. And, particularly in Korea, they actually had Russian pilots fighting there.

Ignore them I say.

Well, supplying arms to one side in a conflict is one thing, but this latest development escalates the conflict to another level.

"The UK’s armed forces minister said earlier that Britain backs Ukrainian troops carrying out strikes in Russian territory" - The Guardian

Meanwhile, the West, safe from the front lines, is "fighting a proxy war" with it's mortal enemy Russia.

But who's doing the heavy lifting?

The Guardian

‘Women need to be ready’: the Ukrainian city where mums and daughters are learning to shoot

2000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Women practise with rifles in the basement of Litsey 20, one of the largest schools in Ivano-Frankivsk. Photograph: Pavlo Pyvovar

That's some "military strategy" to fight one of the two mightiest military powers in the World.

Edited by trastrick