Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

9 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I get my information from family and friends who are in the Ukraine, not from some attention seeking reporters.

Ignore  Putin's bots 

Well I watched some before and after aerial footage of Ukraine cities today and I hope Russias seized assets are used to repair their barbaric vandalism. Absolutely disgusting .

39 minutes ago, croat77 said:

Ignore  Putin's bots 

I think you are right and I will do.

13 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Well I watched some before and after aerial footage of Ukraine cities today and I hope Russias seized assets are used to repair their barbaric vandalism. Absolutely disgusting .

Bucha? Or the Chernihiv girls, including a 10 year-old, with recto-vaginal tears?

No amount of seized assets can ever repair or atone for that, and all the others like it.

There was a name for the squads who did that last time around: einsaztgruppen.

The carnage and broken lives they left behind is unbelievable in this day and age. I would call them animals but even they would not kill for the love of it. How anyone can defend an army like that is beyond me.

Edited by Kidorry
added text

1 minute ago, Kidorry said:

The carnage and broken lives they left behind is unbelievable in this day and age. I would call them animals but even they would not kill for the love of it.

Spot on Kid......

21 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

The carnage and broken lives they left behind is unbelievable in this day and age. I would call them animals but even they would not kill for the love of it. How anyone can defend an army like that is beyond me.

You can't defend against an evil that is stronger than you, without help. Cheers from the sidelines are innefective.

You can cheer others on though, from the safety of your sofa, and prolong the agony of innocents, like that dear 10 year old innocent angel, mentioned above, and many others.

I'm  amazed how the anti-war crowd have suddenly disappeared from politics :)

Calls to end the unwinnable war by an imposed settlement on Zelensky by the West are NOT "tripe!"

Stop the war NOW!

There'll be plenty of time to have a dance date with the Tyrant later, when cooler heads prevail, and the West actually decides on its Foreign Policy, and whether Europe loves it's Russian Fossil Fuels, more than the Ukranian people.

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

You can't defend against an evil that is stronger than you, without help. Cheers from the sidelines are innefective.

You can cheer others on though, from the safety of your sofa, and prolong the agony of innocents, like that dear 10 year old innocent angel, mentioned above, and many others.

I'm  amazed how the anti-war crowd have suddenly disappeared from politics :)

Calls to end the unwinnable war by an imposed settlement on Zelensky by the West are NOT "tripe!"

Stop the war NOW!

There'll be plenty of time to have a dance date with the Tyrant later, when cooler heads prevail, and the West actually decides on its Foreign Policy, and whether Europe loves it's Russian Fossil Fuels, more than the Ukranian people.

Appeasing dictators makes their will stronger and strengthens their hold over others.

Does imposing "...a settlement on Zelensky..." involve force or coercion on a democratically elected head of state?

Does imposing "...a settlement..." involve supporting Russia in Civil War as it tries for decades to crush military and civilian opposition?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Appeasing dictators makes their will stronger and strengthens their hold over others.

Does imposing "...a settlement on Zelensky..." involve force or coercion on a democratically elected head of state?

Does imposing "...a settlement..." involve supporting Russia in Civil War as it tries for decades to crush military and civilian opposition?

"Appeasing dictators makes their will stronger and strengthens their hold over others." .

No news there.

In any war, left to it's conclusion, it is the winner who gets to "impose settlements".

Russia imposed settlements on Ukainian Crimea already, with no deterrance from the West.

The question is can the Ukrainians defeat the mighty Nuclear Power next door, and avoid that outcome?

Or will cooler heads prevail and find some middle ground in the interests of it's civilian population?

The problem we have is the Western warmongering jingoism from those who expect, and encourage the Ukarainains, from the comfort of their sofas (and mansions), to fight a proxy war against the West's sworn enemy, Putin, without an equal participation in a fight to the death.

Some cooler, sober heads understand the plight of the Ukrainians, and offer solutions, that will probably be adopted before this is over, and the MSM move on to the next "crisis", but, unfortunately, like some here, it's just called "tripe", or worse.

Here's some thoughtful "tripe" from some well informed sources.

What diplomatic solution might end the war in Ukraine?

https://www.vox.com/2022/4/1/23002085/peace-talks-ukraine-russia-war-turkey-neutrality

How media put US public in a state of Ukraine-Russia psychosis

https://asiatimes.com/2022/04/how-media-put-us-public-in-a-state-of-ukraine-russia-psychosis/

The Perilous Long Game in Ukraine | Foreign Affairs  

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/ukraine/2022-03-30/perilous-long-game-ukraine

When the true costs of this war are counted, I would bet that the approaches mentioned above, will eventually overtake the warmongering calls to "fight to the death", against a country, Russia that is financing its aggression, with Europe's addiction to Russia's Fossil Fuel Oil and Gas exports :)

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

"Appeasing dictators makes their will stronger and strengthens their hold over others." .

No news there.

In any war, left to it's conclusion, it is the winner who gets to "impose settlements".

Russia imposed settlements on Ukainian Crimea already, with no deterrance from the West.

The question is can the Ukrainians defeat the mighty Nuclear Power next door, and avoid that outcome?

Or will cooler heads prevail and find some middle ground in the interests of it's civilian population?

The problem we have is the Western warmongering jingoism from those who expect, and encourage the Ukarainains, from the comfort of their sofas (and mansions), to fight a proxy war against the West's sworn enemy, Putin, without an equal participation in a fight to the death.

Some cooler, sober heads understand the plight of the Ukrainians, and offer solutions, that will probably be adopted before this is over, and the MSM move on to the next "crisis", but, unfortunately, like some here, it's just called "tripe", or worse.

When the true costs of this war are counted, I would bet that the approaches mentioned above, will eventually overtake the warmongering calls to "fight to the death", against a country, Russia that is financing its aggression, with Europe's addiction to Russia's Fossil Fuel Oil and Gas exports :)

A mixture of appeasement, defeatism and a right wing political agenda against the MSM and war protestors.

The dictator of a failing state needs to bolster his popularity at home by recreating the empire he was born into.

A dictator who knows that Russian defeat is more than the end of a job.

A dictator that is terrified of public opinion and action.

Next stop the much easier step of the absorption of the fringes and disputed borderlands through his puppet state Belarous. Then the most dangerous step, the creation of the 'landbridge' to the Kaliningrad enclave. In the same way that Hitler used the isolation of  East Prussia to 'solve' the Polish problem, so will Putin.

Ukraine is where the death and suffering is now- and would continue under Russian control, where Putin inflicts his terror next is dependent on the resistance offered by the local populations and their support militarily and economically. To that extent Putin has already been shown to be fallible and his military mighty in number yet weak training, morale, equipment, intelligence and tactics. 

The Ukraine has given us the time and the expertise to stop a dictator.   

• Like 2

@trastrick

Would you also have given the same advice to roll over and surrender, to the european countries facing Nazi aggression in 1939? Advising them not to resist Hitler?

Every last little bit of resistance stretched his resources and limited the ease and speed of Hitler’s expansion in to other countries, and hastened his ultimate downfall.

Edited by Waldo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, trastrick said:

No news there.

Having seen how the Russians behave its not in the interests of the civilian population to accept anything less than Russia getting out of their country. If  you let them keep territory many more civilians will be tortured and killed.