Pension Advisors In Sheffield

Can anyone recommend any pension advisors in Sheffield. I looked at Pension Wise but they are now just phone consultations, there are no face to face  consultations.

5 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Can anyone recommend any pension advisors in Sheffield. I looked at Pension Wise but they are now just phone consultations, there are no face to face  consultations.

NFU at Ecclesfield . try them

The Pension Adviser you choose will have to tell you if they are 'Independent' or if they are acting as an agent for a company or even several companies only.

Expect to pay for good independent advice.

NFU Mutual 'is a big name' and unlike many other big names is still UK owned.

You can be cheeky and ask for a share of the commission.

There are not that many left, I suggest that you contact the Financial Services Authority for a list of their members.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The Pension Adviser you choose will have to tell you if they are 'Independent' or if they are acting as an agent for a company or even several companies only.

Expect to pay for good independent advice.

NFU Mutual 'is a big name' and unlike many other big names is still UK owned.

You can be cheeky and ask for a share of the commission.

They have just insured our car , You can go to the office at Ecclesfield and speak to a human being the way it should be , all this on line quotes is a big con as you still end up paying through the nose .

The NFU phone you up a couple of days after a visit and ask if you are happy with your treatment .

39 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

They have just insured our car , You can go to the office at Ecclesfield and speak to a human being the way it should be , all this on line quotes is a big con as you still end up paying through the nose .

The NFU phone you up a couple of days after a visit and ask if you are happy with your treatment .

You can’t treat Pension in the same as as motor insurance, one is a legal requirement whilst the other might not be the best action to take.

Thanks for the answers, my provider have a link on their page, saying there is a fully regulated online advice tool which costs just £250 plus VAT.  but I would prefer a face to face consultation.  I have a phone appointment with Pension wise tomorrow so will see what they say

Cuttsie I tried NFU for car insurance once and it was a ridiculous price compared to other quotes, I questioned the price and was told it was because I live in a city.  🙄🙄

Forget the £250.00 option, what you need to know is what you qualify to apply for and which of these favours you best. On ascertaining this you then need to choose your provider, look as past performance and charges, it’s then up to you.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Thanks for the answers, my provider have a link on their page, saying there is a fully regulated online advice tool which costs just £250 plus VAT.  but I would prefer a face to face consultation.  I have a phone appointment with Pension wise tomorrow so will see what they say

Cuttsie I tried NFU for car insurance once and it was a ridiculous price compared to other quotes, I questioned the price and was told it was because I live in a city.  🙄🙄

Mine was about £45 above the cheapest but i got free RAC membership and the biggest plus was being able to speak to a human being in person .

I used Fogwill and Jones for pension transfer advice and thought they were very good. 

On 08/02/2022 at 11:59, iansheff said:

In a similar boat, looking for a pension adviser/IFA to help with pension advice and consolidation. Tried unbiased.co.uk which is linked on many of the government web sites. Not that impressed with how that works though as I expected to be given a list of IFAs in my area and then conduct my own research to select one. Instead they refer you to one they've selected. The one they selected for us is based in Sunderland and has an agent in Doncaster. I'm going to take the free no obligation first meeting but I'm already thinking I'd like to do a bit more research. So I'm interested too in hearing about local recommendations.

I found the Pension Wise session useful, if you're not overly familiar with pensions then it puts you in a much better place before speaking to an IFA.

I had some fairly complicated pension consolidation requirements.

Using an advisor was obligatory to my end investment.

Advisors all offered a free initial consultation, but their offered fees varied from £15,000 £9,000.

I went to another advisor, who asked for £7k and accepted £5k with no fee for future support.