What Song Did You Used To Hate, But Love Now ?

I’ve always been a Sinatra fan, and still am. As a teenager I used to play his LPs in the house while getting ready to go out dancing on  Friday and Saturday nights. He always put me in the mood for a night out.

At the same time my best friend was an Elvis fan but I could never understand what she saw in him. However during the last few months I’ve come to admire his rendition of “ You are always on my mind “  I think the words are very endearing. I’m still not a fan of his or his other songs, but just this one song keeps going through my mind.  Is there a song or artist that you used to hate but love now ?

There are a couple of songs that I thought were boring when they were released in the 1980s, but I appreciate them more now and I won’t rush to change the radio station / throw a shoe at the television if I hear them:

China in Your Hand - T’Pau

Take my Breath Away - Berlin

57 minutes ago, The Joker said:

There are a couple of songs that I thought were boring when they were released in the 1980s, but I appreciate them more now and I won’t rush to change the radio station / throw a shoe at the television if I hear them:

China in Your Hand - T’Pau

Take my Breath Away - Berlin

Classics, both, and tiny little time machines. 

I will fight you if you criticise Taylor Swift.

26 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Classics, both, and tiny little time machines. 

I will fight you if you criticise Taylor Swift.

I prefer Lady Gagagaga :blush:   Chromatica got me through the first and seconds lockdowns . . . yeah I was listening to it a little too much

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’ve always been a Sinatra fan, and still am. As a teenager I used to play his LPs in the house while getting ready to go out dancing on  Friday and Saturday nights. He always put me in the mood for a night out.

At the same time my best friend was an Elvis fan but I could never understand what she saw in him. However during the last few months I’ve come to admire his rendition of “ You are always on my mind “  I think the words are very endearing. I’m still not a fan of his or his other songs, but just this one song keeps going through my mind.  Is there a song or artist that you used to hate but love now ?

Not so much individual songs, Pattricia, but I think as time has passed I've appreciated more of the whole catalogues of some artistes and groups. For example, the Kinks, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Madness, Dusty, Marvin Gaye, Etta James and Junior Walker and the All Stars.

I can even say I now quite enjoy Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana whereas when my son played it in the early '90s it made my teeth grind!

Maybe it's called being nostalgic!

echo.

Owt by  Bob Dylan . Hated his whiney , nasal voice when I was younger but growing up I realised my mistake . Genius 

I could never understand why people thought Kate Bush was so good. Now I can see why.

Wouldn't say hate,  but was taken aback when I first saw Freddie Mercury playing the piano,  now of course I love his music,  can't say the same for the  Carpenters - too miserable.

Can we run 'What song did you used to hate but still hate',

in parallel with, 'What song did you used to hate but love now? 

Bridge over Troubled water. Simon and Garfunkel.

Love Simon and Garfunkel's work and love the album Bridge over troubled waters, but the tittle track has me cringing every-time.

Streets of London Ralph Mc Tell.

Hate this thing with a passion, always accompanied with black and white film footage or photo's of down and outs.

Nearly as depressing as watching Cathy come home.

Keep safe out there 8)

44 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Can we run 'What song did you used to hate but still hate',

Keep safe out there 8)

Sultans of Swing...

Goes on forever.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Sultans of Swing...

Goes on forever.

Silver machine, Hawkwind for the same reason (has it finish yet?)

American pie coz people always sing the wrong lyrics.

We all know it was a Ford & not Chevrolet he drove to the levee 🙃 🧐 .

Upset's a few at car shows does that :lol: 🤣 🤣 .

18 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I could never understand why people thought Kate Bush was so good. Now I can see why.

Same here, I've always liked Cloudbusting and Running Up That Hill, but I heard Babooshka the other day and liked it for the first time.

Conversely I despise Queen more with every passing year, although I like Brian May as a person - astronomer, pro-animal.