Wednesday Fans Warned At Burton.

54 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

We used to throw cushions the mardy bums took them off us and they cost one and a tanner .

First ground I saw cushions was Stockport County against Macclesfield a FA cup game in the 60's, they all ended up on the pitch.

I know you like your history, Len Fairclough [Peter Adamson] was on the Stockport board, I asked him for his aughtograph and he was too drunk to sign it.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

First ground I saw cushions was Stockport County against Macclesfield a FA cup game in the 60's, they all ended up on the pitch.

I know you like your history, Len Fairclough [Peter Adamson] was on the Stockport board, I asked him for his aughtograph and he was too drunk to sign it.

Should have gone for Rita's instead.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Should have gone for Rita's instead.

It was before her time.

He was sniffing around Elsie Tanner at that time.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

It was before her time.

He was sniffing around Elsie Tanner at that time.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

4 hours ago, staninoodle said:

The Liverpool game in 1967, when the ref ruled out Gerry Youngs late equaliser, its just rained cushions, more than half the pitch was covered and the ref took both sides off, that was a crazy day, it was on ITV but they cut that bit out.Teams came back out to a chorus of boos and played out the final 2 minutes or so and people were still lobbing them onto the pitch, think the ref gave up and just blew for time. Never offside though, as tv proved.

The first cushion throwing incident I remember was when Bronco was sent off for laying out Jimmy McEwan.

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

The local swimming pool might have been a better place to catch him.

17 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

The first cushion throwing incident I remember was when Bronco was sent off for laying out Jimmy McEwan.

In 1962 when David "Bronco" Layne was sent off for hitting Jimmy McEwan of Aston Villa. The sending off provoked hundreds of fans to throw their cushions onto the pitch and one to actually run on to the field and wave his rattle at the ref before arguing with players. Another fan subsequently ran on and jumped on the ref's back.
Semicushion.png
Edited by Alextopman

11 minutes ago, Alextopman said:
In 1962 when David "Bronco" Layne was sent off for hitting Jimmy McEwan of Aston Villa. The sending off provoked hundreds of fans to throw their cushions onto the pitch and one to actually run on to the field and wave his rattle at the ref before arguing with players. Another fan subsequently ran on and jumped on the ref's back.
Semicushion.png

After the match there was a crowd outside the players’ entrance chanting ‘we want the ref’, me included as a daft thirteen year old. I didn’t stay to find out what happened after a police horse trod on my foot, lol.