Oughtibridge Pubs

There seem to be 4 pubs in the centre of Oughtibridge, maybe there are others nearby. Are they any good? I've never been in any of them and wondered as I passed today whether I should make a trip one night. They are close together so would seem to make a handy crawl. 

17 minutes ago, Bilge said:

There seem to be 4 pubs in the centre of Oughtibridge, maybe there are others nearby. Are they any good? I've never been in any of them and wondered as I passed today whether I should make a trip one night. They are close together so would seem to make a handy crawl. 

Don't drink now-a-days, but never needed to ask permission to go on a pub crawl. Probably wouldn't have passed 4 pubs without going in, in the first place :blush: :lol: when I did 🥴 .

Get yourself out there Bilge 8)  keep safe and drink responsibly :lol: .

Have one for me 8) .

I'm not asking permission, don't worry. I was passing in the car.

I've been in lots of terrible-looking pubs in terrible areas that turned out to be...er, terrible! But I never regret going in any pub as they always enrich my cultural experience. Many have since been demolished and I'm always glad I visited when I had chance.

I was just after any local knowledge here. I always think Ooti looks a pleasant enough little spot and I imagine the pubs are all fine. The Traveller's seemed to have etched windows which sometimes (not always) indicates a decent old pub.

Edited by Bilge

16 hours ago, Bilge said:

I'm not asking permission, don't worry. I was passing in the car.

I've been in lots of terrible-looking pubs in terrible areas that turned out to be...er, terrible! But I never regret going in any pub as they always enrich my cultural experience. Many have since been demolished and I'm always glad I visited when I had chance.

I was just after any local knowledge here. I always think Ooti looks a pleasant enough little spot and I imagine the pubs are all fine. The Traveller's seemed to have etched windows which sometimes (not always) indicates a decent old pub.

I always thought Oughtibridge was Like walking into Royston Vasey, they automatically knew you weren't a local.

See the source image

Stay safe and drink responsibly 😈 .

8)  :bigsmile: .

12 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I always thought Oughtibridge was Like walking into Royston Vasey, they automatically knew you weren't a local.

Positively cosmopolitan compared to pubs in Stocksbridge -  "The Friendship" - now has a pub ever been given such a misleading name?

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

Positively cosmopolitan compared to pubs in Stocksbridge -  "The Friendship" - now has a pub ever been given such a misleading name?

Thank God for the by-pass.

Only good thing with Stocki, if you'd a flat battery it was easy t' bump start the car 🤣 .

Surely you only need 5 1/2 fingers to be accepted in Oughtibridge,  but Stocksbridge at least a full 6???