Dogs Chasing Sticks, To Be Banned?

Dogs are taking back control of the stick

6 hours ago, rogets said:

This is exploitation of dogs and causes unneeded stress to the dog

Bringing a stick back to where is was in the first place is also time consuming and pointless for dogs. 

This is also poking fun at dogs and also causes unwanted negative thoughts for dogs

Is it time that forcing dogs to chase sticks was banned? 

The stick is merely being brought back to the owner, so if the owner doesn't throw the stick away then the dog doesn't have to waste time bringing the stick back

I'd like to speak out for the sticks! What have they done to deserve some oik randomly interfering with their business, picking them up n slinging who knows where (& if having a fear of heights/excessive speed or whatever how will the stick feel!?) only then to be clamped tightly in a mutts jaw & slobbered over before undergoing more of the same! Respect sticks, all sticks!!

I think instead of throwing sticks, responsible dog owners should invest in a boomerang. That way the dog can still get it's exercise without endangering itself. It might not do much for it's mental health but that's another matter.

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

What I’m bothered about is dogs chewing sticks and getting splinters in their throats. Vets see this all the time.

Yep, it can be deadly serious. Dogs catching sticks which can get lodged in their throats. Why wouldn’t you throw a ball or dog toy instead?

15 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I think instead of throwing sticks, responsible dog owners should invest in a boomerang. That way the dog can still get it's exercise without endangering itself. It might not do much for it's mental health but that's another matter.

My dad tried this with our German shepherd when I was a kid. The dog was not impressed. So much so that at the first duff throw when the boomerang didn’t return the dog pounced on it, fetched it back to my dad then smugly bit it in half and dropped it at his feet.

Sticks for certain reasons already  pointed out are dangerous, a compressed rubber ball or bone are safer,  sticks when thrown on a field have a chance of when landing sticking verticle in the ground so an eagerly  exited dog could end up getting it stuck in its throat, I have never come across this my self but have heard it mentioned several times. 

On 04/02/2022 at 13:21, rogets said:

Bringing a stick back to where is was in the first place is also time consuming and pointless for dogs. 

This is also poking fun at dogs and also causes unwanted negative thoughts for dogs

The stick is merely being brought back to the owner, so if the owner doesn't throw the stick away then the dog doesn't have to waste time bringing the stick back

Should trolls be banned for posting nonsense?

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Should trolls be banned for posting nonsense?

NO!!!

It's a bit of lighthearted fun....

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, Padders said:

NO!!!

It's a bit of lighthearted fun....

Its not a bit of lighthearted fun if you are a stick that likes to chase dogs.

There's a campaign to ban them you know.

On 04/02/2022 at 12:21, rogets said:

It's good to have you back again, rogets 😀

Rogets has made a good point, my point is, all stick throwers should buy a ball, cheapskates. :hihi:

Why not just take your dog for a good long walk, it would do both of you good.