New Bar In Broomhill

"Gin's" it says on the website. It's an "established Bar" it says. No it's not, it hasn't even opened yet and bar doesn't need a capital letter. Sack the copywriter straight away.

Anyway, good luck to them. I hope it succeeds - if it's any good and sells things other than overpriced alcopops.

Edited by Bilge

On 02/02/2022 at 14:19, Bilge said:

"Gin's" it says on the website. It's an "established Bar" it says. No it's not, it hasn't even opened yet and bar doesn't need a capital letter. Sack the copywriter straight away.

Anyway, good luck to them. I hope it succeeds - if it's any good and sells things other than overpriced alcopops.

How long did you spend checking your own reply here for misused apostrophes (I couldn't spot any by the way)? 😁

But yeah, hopefully it will stick at Broomhill, and if it sells laaaaager, I'm happy.

The beer option is Estrella, so yes, it does sell lager. The front door and all woodwork has been decorated with a blowlamp. I thought the front door was a temporary one at first (possibly made of OSB like on a building site). The windows have a criss-cross pattern formed from steel bars used to reinforce concrete. Not many customers that I could see on opening night but a fairly soft launch I guess.

Overall, it's good to see a new bar open in Broomhill. I hope it succeeds and brings something different that people want.

Guest makapaka

I’ve been in a couple of times. It’s right enough to be fair - something different to what’s around already.

On 05/06/2022 at 19:00, LovePotion said:

Hopefully it will do The Itchy Pig out of some business (they've "gone cashless" 🙄). 

The Itchy pigs are tremendous boozers... Great choice of ever changing beers with good atmosphere and friendly service. Couldn't care less if its cashless...

14 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

The Itchy pigs are tremendous boozers... Great choice of ever changing beers with good atmosphere and friendly service. Couldn't care less if its cashless...

Yep! As for "Hopefully it will do The Itchy Pig out of some business" (a ridiculous thing to say) it won't. The two places are aimed at different sets of customers.

This is OK now. Beer options were Neck Oil (which will do for me) and Moretti lager. It’s nice to sit outside and watch the busy junction. Front door painted green now, much better. Good luck to them. I’ll keep trying it as I hope it succeeds. I like the Itchy, York, Tavern, Fox  etc but I like a bit of other life too and an outdoor area is great.