Gov U Turn On Compulsory Vaccination For Nhs

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

I can’t seem to find any reputable dictionary definition that would suggest a hypothetical scenario must be possible. Can you?

For example...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothetical

"involving or based on a hypothesis"

in this case, a hypothesis which is not actually possible!

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

In any case, how you choose to live your life, and your ethical choices, are not really a concern of mine. I’m just pointing out your position, enjoying your own civil liberties, is only something you can do because others have done the socially responsible thing, their civic duty (and potentially putting themselves at risk of unknown side effects of vaccination).

I don’t think I’d feel at all happy just thinking about myself, while others have made potential sacrifices (possible health risk) in order to make the world a better place for is all.

You're seeing things very much from your own perspective. The world doesn't revolve around you- there are other people who experience and see things in a very different way.

I see those who, from my perspective, sold their, mine and everyone elses civil liberties down the river due to their irrational fear, acceptance of scaremongering official narrative statistics and love of virtue signalling, as being the very antithesis of 'socially responsible'.

They also strike me as highly selfish.

As a fully vaccinated individual, do I have the right to ask only to be treated by similarly vaccinated medical staff? 

After all, while vaccinated medical staff can still contract Covid & pass it on, by being vaccinated, there's a reduced chance of this.  Non-vaccinated staff are putting patients at greater risk of infection. 

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

As a fully vaccinated individual, do I have the right to ask only to be treated by similarly vaccinated medical staff? 

After all, while vaccinated medical staff can still contract Covid & pass it on, by being vaccinated, there's a reduced chance of this.  Non-vaccinated staff are putting patients at greater risk of infection. 

Would you be prepared to sign something stating this and what would happen if they were the only staff available in a medical emergency?

There's zero evidence of this.

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Would you be prepared to sign something stating this and what would happen if they were the only staff available in a medical emergency?

There's zero evidence of this.

The question was, "Do I have the right to ask to be treated only by similarly vaccinated medical staff?" 

PS.  A bit of an aside but might interest many, especially with half term approaching.  Anyone heading to Spain, over the age of 12 who had their last jab over 270 days ago, now requires a booster jab to enter Spain.  Meaning that anyone with a vaccination certificate older than 9 months will be considered unvaccinated. 

Get another jab then.  Or your first, according to many on here. 

51 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It didn't say they should cease I asked what the point of them was, SA showed that they were not needed.

I have no idea how you reach that conclusion 

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, top4718 said:

It didn't say they should cease I asked what the point of them was, SA showed that they were not needed.

South Africa showed nothing of the sort.

Unless you are happy to use incomplete data from a very different setting to draw a conclusion.

You'd be daft to do so 

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

It doesn't work against Omicron which was the prevalent variant in that time, cases were falling rapidly before the booster roll out started, also why did all the different jabs need boosters all at the same time, it doesn't add up.

Any chance the mods can open up the main thread now that a few people have had time to cool off please? @SFBeca

Thanks @top4718 have reopened the Covid thread.

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

"involving or based on a hypothesis"

in this case, a hypothesis which is not actually possible!

You're seeing things very much from your own perspective. The world doesn't revolve around you- there are other people who experience and see things in a very different way.

I see those who, from my perspective, sold their, mine and everyone elses civil liberties down the river due to their irrational fear, acceptance of scaremongering official narrative statistics and love of virtue signalling, as being the very antithesis of 'socially responsible'.

They also strike me as highly selfish.

I think you're in the wrong, and also wrong about the meaning of 'hypothetical'.

Hard for me to justify wasting any more time and attention on you, and I really have tried with you, and I feel I've been quite patient and fair. You just don't seem at all open minded or interested in having any kind of sensible debate.

Let's leave it there; I'm sure we both have more important things to attend to.

Good day to you sir.

44 minutes ago, SFBeca said:

Thanks @top4718 have reopened the Covid thread.

Thanks @SFBeca, see how long it stays open.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

The question was, "Do I have the right to ask to be treated only by similarly vaccinated medical staff?" 

PS.  A bit of an aside but might interest many, especially with half term approaching.  Anyone heading to Spain, over the age of 12 who had their last jab over 270 days ago, now requires a booster jab to enter Spain.  Meaning that anyone with a vaccination certificate older than 9 months will be considered unvaccinated. 

Get another jab then.  Or your first, according to many on here. 

Be interesting to see if they keep this in the peak holiday season.

55 minutes ago, sibon said:

South Africa showed nothing of the sort.

Unless you are happy to use incomplete data from a very different setting to draw a conclusion.

You'd be daft to do so 

I agree

12 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I agree

The only data you need to see is the number of vaccinated and the way Omicron progressed, it's impact was less than Delta with or without the vax, any other view is just justifying a vax that wasn't needed because you've been foolish enough to believe the hype, I'm sure the shareholders of Pfizer etc will be grateful.

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

The only data you need to see is the number of vaccinated and the way Omicron progressed, it's impact was less than Delta with or without the vax, any other view is just justifying a vax that wasn't needed because you've been foolish enough to believe the hype, I'm sure the shareholders of Pfizer etc will be grateful.

Therein lies your problem.

You misinterpret data

I and many more are more grateful to Pfizer etc than they are to me.

See you on the other thread no doubt.