Gov U Turn On Compulsory Vaccination For Nhs

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That’s no defence. I’m talking ethics (not practicalities), and your position seems quite unethical. It’s okay for me to enjoy civil liberty, so long as everyone else doesn’t. Hmm…

No defence needed- the 'problem' you're talking about [everyone choosing to not be vaccinated] does not exist,

Why are you unwilling to address the hypothetical scenario I posed to you on at least 2 occasions now?

It's not hypothetical as it cannpt possibly be the case that no-one gets vaccinated- they've been vaccinated already.

I suspect you can’t because doing so will make you look bad. I’ll leave it there, up to you if you want to address my point or not, so…

If you’re okay for everyone to enjoy civil liberty and opt out, are you okay with the probably catastrophic impact that would have on the NHS and economy of the country?

Well, other than care workers, now the govt has given up on compulsory vaccinations for NHS staff, we are  in a world where everyone is allowed to enjoy civil liberty and opt out; so, if you're right there will be a 'catastrophic impact that would have on the NHS and economy of the country', won't there? [I rather doubt it myself].

10 minutes ago, butlers said:

Works fine, if you have worms

People in India and Africa would disagree, that's just garbage that the MSM have filled your noggin with.

Just now, top4718 said:

People in India and Africa would disagree, that's just garbage that the MSM have filled your noggin with.

Am I right in thinking the Indian government give out for free or at a heavily subsidised price? 

Of course the problem doesn’t exist, if it did, it wouldn’t be hypothetical (a what if).

I would be curious to see if you can find me a hypothetical problem, that DOES exist?

11 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No defence needed- the 'problem' you're talking about [everyone choosing to not be vaccinated] does not exist,

It's not hypothetical as it cannpt possibly be the case that no-one gets vaccinated- they've been vaccinated already.

Well, other than care workers, now the govt has given up on compulsory vaccinations for NHS staff, we are  in a world where everyone is allowed to enjoy civil liberty and opt out; so, if you're right there will be a 'catastrophic impact that would have on the NHS and economy of the country', won't there? [I rather doubt it myself].

Not compulsory. They have a choice. Compulsory is when you get no choice in the matter.

Edited by Waldo

Guest sibon

Notwithstanding the Invermectin nutters up there^^^, I'm delighted by this u turn.

Any civilised society that insists upon medical procedures as a prerequisite to employment has lost the plot. I'd like to see much more effort put into persuading people to get vaccinated and less coercion.

The case for vaccination is clear and strong, there is no need to force people.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

You could ask rather than being snide and asking somone else what I think. 

I didn’t ask anyone else

I was just musing 

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

I didn’t ask anyone else

I was just musing 

The next time you muse, do it without involving me. 

Can anyone tell me what the last booster did (apart from fill Pfizers coffers) it didn't stop transmission, it didn't prevent the vaccinated catching Omicron, cases were falling before it was implemented and even Pfizer have said they hope to have a jab for the Omicron variant in march, so what was it for?

@top4718

To continue the reduction in hospitalisation and serious side effects in those who chose to have it .

The programme continues

PS I think that Moderna was the most common booster

Edited by RJRB

10 hours ago, Waldo said:

Of course the problem doesn’t exist, if it did, it wouldn’t be hypothetical (a what if).

I would be curious to see if you can find me a hypothetical problem, that DOES exist?

No- to be hypothetical it must be possible for the problem to exist.

The 'problem' of everyone choosing to not get vaccinated obviously cannot exist, as the majority have already had it.

36 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No- to be hypothetical it must be possible for the problem to exist.

The 'problem' of everyone choosing to not get vaccinated obviously cannot exist, as the majority have already had it.

I can’t seem to find any reputable dictionary definition that would suggest a hypothetical scenario must be possible. Can you?

For example...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothetical

In any case, how you choose to live your life, and your ethical choices, are not really a concern of mine. I’m just pointing out your position, enjoying your own civil liberties, is only something you can do because others have done the socially responsible thing, their civic duty (and potentially putting themselves at risk of unknown side effects of vaccination).

I don’t think I’d feel at all happy just thinking about myself, while others have made potential sacrifices (possible health risk) in order to make the world a better place for is all.

Edited by Waldo

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

@top4718

To continue the reduction in hospitalisation and serious side effects in those who chose to have it .

The programme continues

PS I think that Moderna was the most common booster

It doesn't work against Omicron which was the prevalent variant in that time, cases were falling rapidly before the booster roll out started, also why did all the different jabs need boosters all at the same time, it doesn't add up.

Any chance the mods can open up the main thread now that a few people have had time to cool off please? @SFBeca