Frogs' Legs

Has anyone ever cooked frogs' legs? I've never tried them and wondered what they're like. I imagine them to taste a bit like fishy chicken, or like chickeny fish - but I might be completely wrong about that. They sell bags of frozen frogs' legs at that fish stall in The Moor Market.  My little nephew is fascinated by them & keeps urging us to buy some & try them. Most kids are fussy eaters, but unusually for an 8 year old, my nephew is very adventurous and loves to try anything unusual or new. Just wondering if anyone had tried frogs' legs and if so, how did you cook them - and did you like them?

Tried them once but they kept kicking the peas off my plate 😀

5 hours ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

Has anyone ever cooked frogs' legs? I've never tried them and wondered what they're like. I imagine them to taste a bit like fishy chicken, or like chickeny fish - but I might be completely wrong about that. They sell bags of frozen frogs' legs at that fish stall in The Moor Market.  My little nephew is fascinated by them & keeps urging us to buy some & try them. Most kids are fussy eaters, but unusually for an 8 year old, my nephew is very adventurous and loves to try anything unusual or new. Just wondering if anyone had tried frogs' legs and if so, how did you cook them - and did you like them?

I will hopdown and get some int morning

Very nice fried up Chinese style with garlic, chilli, ginger, sweet soy and spring onions.

Still haven't tried them yet but the best cooking methods seem to be to marinate them with oriental seasoning, then stir fry them Chinese or Thai style, or to gently sautee them French-style in butter or olive oil infused with garlic & Provencale herbs. Another suggested method is to dip them in egg wash & seasoned flour, then deep fry  them in hot oil. My little nephew made me laugh. When we told him that he may not enjoy eating frogs' legs, he said 'I think I will like them, becuse I like toad-in-the hole'!

Heh heh! Maybe we should cook some frogs' legs in Yorkshire pudding batter for him.