The Sue Grey Report And Goings On At No.10.

I am a cyncic when it comes to Government 'announcements'. I appreciate that puts me in a minority - perhaps of one - on t this Forum. 

But this  'Report' by civil servant Sue Grey is being delayed, and once again my cynical hackles stir. The report was instigated by No.10, and concerns goings on at No. 10 during the lockdown. Our lockdown, of course, itseems not theirs....  It appears she has been diligent and timely, which is to her credit. There was some disquiet when she appropriated the in and out logs for staffers, but it was all ready to go last Tuesday.

Then plod (i.e the Met) suddenly decided, with commendable alacrity to investigate 'parties'  going back to   2020. Blue flashing lights, stab proof vests, dog vans, who knows. Battering rams perhaps. All just in time to forestall publication.  And there is me, the lonely cynic, sat seething in Sheffield 8. 

Today I read that the Met - headed by that awful Dick woman - and government lawyers (I bet they are a jolly bunch) are poring over the report intent on removing anything of substance. It will be less use than a kitchen roll.

At the heart of this, of course, is the danger that the report will show that the  PM lied to parliament. That is, above all, the worst scenario any PM could face, so the report will be bland, bland, bland. IF the Met subsequently lay charges and IF they are upheld the maximum penalty is a fixed fine of £100 or so.  What a mess they have got themselves into. 

Fully expecting shouts of “whitewash “ and “cover  up” when it is released.

I really dont care if the Prime Minister had some wine and birthday cake

I want him to focus on sorting our the issues at hand like the cost of living, tax rises, crime and illegal immigration

I backed Boris but i do not support his hard line environmental polices that are crippling our country

I want a real conservative in charge not Blair 2.0 

There's only a few hours to go but I was fully expecting the report to be made available at about 5.00pm today (Friday). 

This will give Boris et al the opportunity of avoiding questions over the weekend. 

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

There's only a few hours to go but I was fully expecting the report to be made available at about 5.00pm today (Friday). 

This will give Boris et al the opportunity of avoiding questions over the weekend. 

I think you'll see it at roughly the same time that Putin rolls the tanks over the Ukraine border.

5 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Fully expecting shouts of “whitewash “ and “cover  up” when it is released.

Theres already been a lot of those words and memes over facebook lol

trust me he will do what ever he can to cover his mistakes and there are lots of them,he wants to be a copy of churchill,but could never do that ,plus even churchill got dumped by his party ect ,once we won the war,bojo can talk the talk,then it all becomes a Eton mess.

when will people just let this thing go , its boring now its of no consequence it happens get over it, far more important stuff for the Mps to worry about.

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I really dont care if the Prime Minister had some wine and birthday cake

I want him to focus on sorting our the issues at hand like the cost of living, tax rises, crime and illegal immigration

I backed Boris but i do not support his hard line environmental polices that are crippling our country

I want a real conservative in charge not Blair 2.0 

agreed!👍

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

when will people just let this thing go , its boring now its of no consequence it happens get over it, far more important stuff for the Mps to worry about.

agreed!👍

We will let this thing go when the unsuitable thing resigns from the job that he's patently not able to carry out.

ab6262 obviously should have a career as a defense lawyer 

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

We will let this thing go when the unsuitable thing resigns from the job that he's patently not able to carry out.

hes doing far better than anyone else would have ! i dont begrudge him a drink the pressure thats on the man.

That of course is entirely missing the point