Rip Barry Cryer

Very talented writer and comedian. Heard him on radio comedy panel shows, but reading his obituary, I didn't realise he wrote the material for many other comedians.

RIP

Well I’m not laughing now, I bet your old mates are now they have you back, good trip Barry.

RIP BC,a lot owe you for being funny.

Just looking at the people he wrote for: Bob Hope, Dave Allen, Richard Pryor, The Two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise, George Burns, amongst many others.  But he was never one to be stuck in the past, rejecting new comedy and comedians. 

Here's his response to being asked what he thought was the golden era of comedy:

"I had a marvellous time back in the 60s and 70s and it was great, but I refuse to go 'golden age, oh those were the days' as if there's nothing around now.  There's more good comedy around now than there ever was, it's brilliant".

RIP, good sir.

R.I.P.  

I've admired him for ages,  he wrote for so many comedians,  brilliant man.

A very funny man , who made funny people , funnier 

Barry Cryer was great. A total lover of comedy, and his sense of gleeful fun and generosity of spirit was always obvious. I've seen various anecdotes today from people who worked on programmes with him behind the mic and the camera who recounted how he had time for everyone, a true gent.

RIP Comedy Legend

Thank you for everything you've done, it was brilliant