New Friendships

Good Morning all 

I am new to SF , I am here just like everyone else just to keep up with local news and chit chat with fellow members but to be honest i am also here to try and make friendships the past few years have been very very tough for me and its mostly all my own fault but i have lost a lot of friends over the course of it. so i am looking to make friendships with like minded people. 

This is not a dating plea this is purely a friendship only post. I know this may sound desperate but there is no worse feeling than feeling lonely and excluded. 

Many thanks

Good luck with that,  there are a lot of friendly people on  here,  I don't know them all,  but Pattricia,  Jane and Francy are very chatty and helpful.🙂

Good for you. Often the first step is the hardest, and you've made a start. 

Get stuck into the discussions, and post.

Don't forget the Sheffield Interests groups in the Sheffield section. Something for everyone, with lots of different discussions with like minded people. 

Making new friends as a grown up in Sheffield

Hi Youngpup89 and everybody else out there.

I have lived in Sheffield for 12 years and still I only have less than a handful of friends. I guess being a single mum has never helped because of lacking the time and energy. But I also have to say that I I've always found the process of meeting new people as an adult to be way too complicated and awkward.

So now that my daughter is a bit older and becoming more independent, I have decided to look at new ways of making friends. Last week I stumbled into this app called we3 and I just love how they try to deal with these issues we are facing as grown ups wanting to find real friends. However, more people need to try it for the compatibility algorithm to work its magic. So I encourage everyone out there feeling a bit lonely to give it a go. It is free. Nothing to lose and potentially loads to gain.

Thanks for reading.

https://www.we3app.com/Sheffield/

Hi all, I moved back to Sheffield in 2018 after years away, and having no friends here any more. Like Youngpup89, I have less than a handful of friends (get the violins out) - and they have come from working.  It’s a struggle if you’re not 20 and out clubbing all the time lol

So Youngpup 89 and nubeblancad and anyone else looking for someone else to chat to or in time maybe someone to do stuff with. It would be nice not to go everywhere on my own all the time 😂

The best way to make friends (in my opinion) is to find common ground. If you work that is a good place to start, but think of what things interest you and try and find groups/clubs/forums or anywhere else that you could join. Good luck.

Deleted - as it should have been removed along with post it referred to (NOT Minimo's)

Edited by RollingJ

The forum is very much different these days to what it once was.

It got so bad that you just didn't want to contribute to it because of the trolls that just shoot you down.

These days it is very much different a bit like going back to 2003 days with good integration and friendliness.

It is much quieter though and that is probably a good thing.

So welcome to the SF and hopefully you will meet someone along the way

2 hours ago, Cody's Granddad said:

The forum is very much different these days to what it once was.

It got so bad that you just didn't want to contribute to it because of the trolls that just shoot you down.

These days it is very much different a bit like going back to 2003 days with good integration and friendliness.

It is much quieter though and that is probably a good thing.

So welcome to the SF and hopefully you will meet someone along the way

Youngpup 89 has made 1 post last year Jan 27.

Wants to have friendly chit chat with forum members ???

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Youngpup 89 has made 1 post last year Jan 27.

Wants to have friendly chit chat with forum members ???

I didn't notice that Padders oh well never mind..