Secrets Of The Krays.

This was a very interesting programme on ITV last night. It is in three parts and tells the story of the Kray twins.  They watched a lot of Hollywood films and liked to copy the dress code and actions of the American gangster actors. They were extremely cruel and physically violent to people who crossed their paths. Was surprised to find that one of them was physically attracted to men.

yes he was with both boys and the odd girl,it was a very intresting factual programe,i have read many books about them and there rise and fall of the firm as they called it,they in some ways stopped crime and were good to charitys ,helping the old and young and god help any nasty type that hit old people or disrespected women,the downfall was of course the killings ,so onto episode 2 next week intresting.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

This was a very interesting programme on ITV last night. It is in three parts and tells the story of the Kray twins.  They watched a lot of Hollywood films and liked to copy the dress code and actions of the American gangster actors. They were extremely cruel and physically violent to people who crossed their paths. Was surprised to find that one of them was physically attracted to men.

they were very much liked by a lot of people, usually only dishing out violence to the other villains not the public , although the protection racket side of it was pretty bad , my grandparents lived in the east end at that time and had good and bad stories to tell, they did a lot of good.

The whole story of the Krays has been done to the death.

Film's, documentary's, books, plays, internet and even referenced to in music are all innumerable.

Very doubtful if anything  of any substance not already known will come out, unless the bodies of those encased in concrete flyover posts are ever recovered.

The 1990 film.

The Krays.

with Billy Whitelaw and the Kemp brothers is probably the best of the films out there, most of the more recent films are pretty dire.

Keep safe out there 8) .

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

Yeah it's no secret these days. He allegedly had a thing going with Cliff when he was still called Harry Webb. 

Edited by The_DADDY
More accurate

32 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah it's no secret these days. He apparently had a thing going with Cliff when he was still called Harry Webb. 

O' dear. even with the word 'apparently' we're bordering on Libel there DADDY.

27 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

O' dear. even with the word 'apparently' we're bordering on Libel there DADDY.

You're absolutely correct there Rockers. I edited my post and used a more appropriate term. 

Cheers matey 🙏

Edited by The_DADDY

it was a good bit of tv,and very intresting and well edited

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Pair of two bob bullies , no more , no less 

Is that due to inflation, I recall them as being talked of as twopence halfpenny bullies. :hihi:

14 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

The whole story of the Krays has been done to the death.

Film's, documentary's, books, plays, internet and even referenced to in music are all innumerable.

Very doubtful if anything  of any substance not already known will come out, unless the bodies of those encased in concrete flyover posts are ever recovered.

The 1990 film.

The Krays.

with Billy Whitelaw and the Kemp brothers is probably the best of the films out there, most of the more recent films are pretty dire.

Keep safe out there 8) .

I never saw the film about The Krays with the Kemp brothers but have read that it was good.

There is a strange myth about the Krays that they only harmed other villains gave to poor ect.

It isn't really true they kept the money, the threatened and harmed people not involved in crime with their protection rackets.

They were  scum, I don't understand the hero  worship people have with them.