Think May Have Been Scammed On Fb Marketplace

As above, bought a microwave listed at 114.00 even now for 30.00(yes i know)and paid BACS so i could ensure sale(again perhaps stupid in retrospect) i was to collect but twice the seller said he was called away to work,  then he said he would drop it off at the weekend, he did seem genuine, gave his name and address, but i think as time has gone on, he reckons he doesn't have to do anything

But, I will, just wondering what is best, he has deleted ad, and seems to have removed discussion his side.

had to delete other post, so past comments are welcome.

You have his name and address?!

Local-ish, I assume.

Think I'd go knock at the door/ask around his neighbours.

Why does he "reckon he doesn't have to do anything"?

Barnsley, bit far, have name and address,  I mean he can scam me, but originally wasn't.

now says "You aren't connected to 1 member"

he did originally offer other times to collect, but they weren't viable.

Edited by gamezone07

Well, if you're not willing to nip to Barnsley on the off-chance, and he didn't turn up (last weekend?), I suspect you've answered your own question.

Have you checked his address on (say) Google maps?  

Yes, his address is genuine, he lives with his partner, got done for minor civil offence a decade ago.

he isn't coming up on FB anymore though

got the PM convo, but damn didn't take screenshots of his page, etc,

Edited by gamezone07

Moral of the story DO NOT part with money without seeing the goods

Paypal - Good & Services or Cash on Collection. 

Yes you've been scammed. Scammers know that it's unlikely that your bank will recover the money as you parted with it willingly.
Police aren't bothered despite it being fraud (Obtaining monies by deception) 

So basically FB Marketplace and selling groups are a gold mine for them. 

@gamezone07

Sorry to hear of your experience of what may conclude as a scam. When you say that the seller has provided a name & address, have you established that those details are genuine ?

11 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm sure I posted in this thread yesterday evening. 😕 

i had to delete for a certain reason, please contribute your post again.

5 hours ago, Janus said:

@gamezone07

Sorry to hear of your experience of what may conclude as a scam. When you say that the seller has provided a name & address, have you established that those details are genuine ?

Yes, name and adress, who his partner is, I think he just cant be bothered anymore

Fair enough. Can you send me £30 as well for nothing then please? You clearly wont be bothered chasing it up.

Have some self respect ffs and go round his house.

In fairness the situation may be causing the OP a great deal of stress.  Not everyone perceives and experiences things in the  same way.  If  Gamezone07 visits the address it may work out amicably, and I'd like that to be the case. 

However, judging by the the seller's attitude it is reasonable to think that the OP is going to get 'the runabout'-seller not home or won't answer the door etc. Or, aggression of some sort. 

@gamezone07

It is annoying to be scammed if that is the case. I hope it works out ok for you.