Private Messages

A member Cmonkes has revieled a private message I sent him on the forum  message system  this makes the whole thing invalid . Any comments appreciated.

Edited by cuttsie

That's rather bad form in my view 

24 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

A member Cmonkes has revieled a private message I sent him on the forum  message system  this makes the whole thing invalid . Any comments appreciated.

Hmmm... :huh:

I agree... having a PM system completely undermines the whole point of it being a public forum.

Maybe members should be restricted to PM'ing mods/admin only...

... that way we'd probably get less squabbling caused by the 'behind the scenes activities' that are obviously going on. :|

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's rather bad form in my view 

It is so far below the belt its ground level .

Just now, cuttsie said:

It is so far below the belt its ground level .

I'd have to agree. To me it's akin to sharing  a personal letter or email without the consent of the other party. 

11 hours ago, cuttsie said:

He should be banned, but is unlikely to even receive a slapped wrist.

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

We will have to see  ,

16 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

We will have to see  ,

Perhaps all pm’s sent should be receipted as ‘pm sent by …….. to……. by forum admin, that at least proves their existance.

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Bannings a bit harsh, I've had a few random people I don't know, messaging me support recently, over some contentious 

issues, personally I'd never repost a P'M good or bad, but I can't see it as such heinous act that would be a cause for a Ban.

is it like an unwritten rule,  like stitches for snitches? the Forum is a bit like a playground since they slackened down from the old guards t tighter moderation. 

I have had a quick look at the sites terms couldn't see anything relating to this, which does seem odd, so I may have overlooked it

or it could just be the site Mods don't want to be bogged down with trivial petty squabbles of it users.

Edited by steve68

I think much depends on what was revealed and a blanket ban is unwarranted.

27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Regardless of how much of said private message has been posted ...it goes against the whole point of having a private message system..any private messages should remain exactly that...