Highway Code Shakeup. Cyclists Encouraged To Use Middle Of Road

39 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Bang on ist job Bradway , Old Hercules bike ,

Then various jobs around South Yorkshire , Always used it when possible. Even worked in Scunthorpe once and cycled it.

I've  a Hercules ladies bike in't yard if yer can't get yer leg over SORRY :lol: - ready for restoration at some point Cuttsie.

(along with the Rudge, Phillips, BSA's, Coventry Eagle's, Royal Enfield's, Elswick (posti) Royal Albert (Butchers) etc etc etc.

Most of them are rod braked (couple of Raleigh's as well, but they're too common to bother with :roll: ).

Love that old A18 Gunness into Scuni Rd, & often come back that way instead of the motorway when recovering cars.

Just now, ads36 said:

it really isn't.

you need a licence, and if you mis-behave that licence can be taken off you.

driving is not a right.

Your right abs - its not a right - It's a way of life - Rock on 🎵.

Petrol heads rule.

23 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Thats your choice.... the only bike is use is the one in he gym

I live in a country that has cars, its my legal right to drive one and i can afford one (just about)

So im gonna drive a car and i'll probably drive a petrol car for as long as they are legally available👍

Quite right Jack.

I always tell the kids 'I've been to our local Gym several times'

But I've told them the same story that many times, they know the punch line.  -----"to pick cars up" 🤣 🤣 🤣.

I use a very similar line every time we pass the Porsche (horrible things - pet hate :suspect: ) garage on Sheffield Rd 🤣 🤣🤣 .

Keep safe out there 8) .

A car is more than A to B or you've missed the point :lol: .

27 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

I always tell the kids 'I've been to our local Gym several times'

But I've told them the same story that many times, they know the punch line.  -----"to pick cars up" 🤣 🤣 🤣.

Yeah ive done the bad dad joke...."I use the rowing machine but i bring my fishing rod" 😁

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Avoid Darnall, Abbeydale Road and Page Hall then 👍

I generally do, but cycle or walk up Ecclesall Road from work most nights..same crack there.

5 hours ago, FoxLady said:

As well as on pavements?

You don't comment on that...

Sorry, you've lost me there.

7 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

So, as long as you don't need a licence for something...

... it's your legal right to do it? :confused:

Strictly speaking, no

A legal right is different to a lawful activity

Cycling is a lawful activity but there is no specific right to cycle (or drive)

Edited by RootsBooster

As a law abiding motorist, the story warms the cockles of my heart. 

https://road.cc/content/news/police-catch-18-red-light-jumping-cyclists-90-minutes-289991?amp

I do like the response from the police to the acquisition that they should be using their resources to catch motorists using their mobiles why driving; Police, "Yes we do.". Must be a novalty for some pushbikes that the police actually have dedicated traffic cops? 

Pushbikers.  If you're unable to spot a load of people in high-viz police jackets enforcing the laws of the road, I'd question if you're suitable to be riding on the road anyway?  Or is this another example of pushbikers thinking the Highway Code / rules of the road don't apply to them? 

Meanwhile while, down in Derbyshire. 

https://road.cc/content/news/police-share-video-cyclist-fined-jumping-red-light-290109?amp

15 hours ago, Baron99 said:

As a law abiding motorist, the story warms the cockles of my heart. 

https://road.cc/content/news/police-catch-18-red-light-jumping-cyclists-90-minutes-289991?amp

I do like the response from the police to the acquisition that they should be using their resources to catch motorists using their mobiles why driving; Police, "Yes we do.". Must be a novalty for some pushbikes that the police actually have dedicated traffic cops? 

Pushbikers.  If you're unable to spot a load of people in high-viz police jackets enforcing the laws of the road, I'd question if you're suitable to be riding on the road anyway?  Or is this another example of pushbikers thinking the Highway Code / rules of the road don't apply to them? 

Meanwhile while, down in Derbyshire. 

https://road.cc/content/news/police-share-video-cyclist-fined-jumping-red-light-290109?amp

As a law abiding cyclist, this pleases me too. 

I see fellow cyclists ride through red lights every day in town, sometimes having near-misses, it gives us a bad name and perpetuates the rift between road users.

What really annoys me is that whenever the subject comes up, most cyclists either remain silent on it or reply with something about motorists committing worse/more dangerous offences.

In my opinion  we  should be calling out our own on their bad decisions/actions rather than ignoring it and trying to shift the focus on to others, it may make them think a bit more.

• Like 1

no one is taking any notice of the new rules ,

On 31/01/2022 at 20:43, Rockers rule said:

Hello DADDY.

1.000s of dashcam's out there.

I wouldn't drive anywhere without one           -         its crazy out there  :wow:

Reviews of dashcams can be found on't Internet.

I presently have a Nextbase duel camera. Separate front and rear cameras and does everything it should.

The Nextbase isn't the cheapest out there but is far from the dearest. 

Duel lens dashcams can be bought for as little as £10 on ebay .

Don't laugh  :hihi: ---   I've had a few of the cheaper duel lens versions, handy if your picking cars up or driving someone else's car the simple plug in version can be a good alternative instead of the permanently wired in (removable) cameras. 

The only trouble with duel lens cams, your looking through the car for the rear view  - or grandma sat in't middle rear seat 👵  .

Go for the two separate camera's DADDY, and buy the best you can.

Keep safe out there 8) .

Howdoo Rockers. Well after a couple of months with my dashcams I have to say you played a blinder with the recommendation. 

I went for the Nextbase 422gw for the front and another in the back. They are absolutely Bob on 👌

I even got a couple of the 412gw (second hand off ebay) cams for the quarter windows to get rid of all blind spots.

Overkill?

Probably yeah lol

But where I live I have to come off a roundabout to go up my road and the amount of times I've almost been hit by impatient drivers who don't stop at the white line when leaving McDisgusting. Wells, let's just say it's a lot 😁

Anyhooo thank you again for the recommendation. 

It's much appreciated 🙏

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Howdoo Rockers. Well after a couple of months with my dashcams I have to say you played a blinder with the recommendation. 

I went for the Nextbase 422gw for the front and another in the back. They are absolutely Bob on 👌

I even got a couple of the 412gw (second hand off ebay) cams for the quarter windows to get rid of all blind spots.

Overkill?

Probably yeah lol

But where I live I have to come off a roundabout to go up my road and the amount of times I've almost been hit by impatient drivers who don't stop at the white line when leaving McDisgusting. Wells, let's just say it's a lot 😁

Anyhooo thank you again for the recommendation. 

It's much appreciated 🙏

No probs I'm Glad yer Uncle Rocker was of assistance  :thumbsup: .

Not overkill at all DADDY I wouldn't leave home with out one.

Technically its not a blind spot -

its a - where can the pillock hide his  black BMW' spot' 🥴.

Try going out on a motorcycle with out one you'd think the world was after yer :?