Highway Code Shakeup. Cyclists Encouraged To Use Middle Of Road

Well I hope this isn't the shape of things to come..  2 cyclists riding side by side with one of them weaving across the lane preventing anyone from passing. A car tried a few times to pass but nope, one of the cyclists just weaved further into the road whilst giving the bird 🙄

5 cars, 1 van and a bus all had to crawl along at 10 mph until they went onto the path. I'll add that the majority of good cyclists will be tarred with the same brush as these militant types who look for conflict which is a shame. 

I reckon frustration on the roads is going to increase quite a bit so I think ill invest in a new dashcam. Any recommendations? 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Well I hope this isn't the shape of things to come..  2 cyclists riding side by side with one of them weaving across the lane preventing anyone from passing. A car tried a few times to pass but nope, one of the cyclists just weaved further into the road whilst giving the bird 🙄

5 cars, 1 van and a bus all had to crawl along at 10 mph until they went onto the path. I'll add that the majority of good cyclists will be tarred with the same brush as these militant types who look for conflict which is a shame. 

I reckon frustration on the roads is going to increase quite a bit so I think ill invest in a new dashcam. Any recommendations? 

Last week i said this happened to me on Wicker and people on here called me a liar

If bikes can now use the middle of the lane then they shouldnt be allowed to use a bus lane because buses cant overtake them 

Which defeats the object of a bus lane

Edited by Jack Grey

On 29/01/2022 at 11:25, Rockers rule said:

Impressive.

The law is already out there to deal with road traffic infringements and if your common sense dictates riding through red lights etc is worth the risk -  so be it if the consequences are more than a simple fine 🚑 .

Keep safe out there 8) .

cyclists seem to be colourblind but same doesnt apply to car drivers, arrogant to the extreme. cyclists unlikely to be caught?? whys that then? so number plate no consequence!!

6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Well what a surprise, cyclists taking the proverbial.  There should be some way that they can be identified and reported to the police, but cyclists will of course come up with some real BS excuses why this shouldnt happen

6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Any recommendations? 

I think there was something in the Highway Code along the lines of, the more vulnerable you are, the more right of way you have.

Get a skateboard or roller skates. Then go really slow in front of cyclists, making sure to occupy the centre of the lane.

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I think there was something in the Highway Code along the lines of, the more vulnerable you are, the more right of way you have.

Get a skateboard or roller skates. Then go really slow in front of cyclists, making sure to occupy the centre of the lane.

skynews-highway-code-changes_5655170.jpg

Edited by Jack Grey

23 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I mean recomendations for a dashcam 

20 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I mean recomendations for a dashcam 

Hello DADDY.

1.000s of dashcam's out there.

I wouldn't drive anywhere without one           -         its crazy out there  :wow:

Reviews of dashcams can be found on't Internet.

I presently have a Nextbase duel camera. Separate front and rear cameras and does everything it should.

The Nextbase isn't the cheapest out there but is far from the dearest. 

Duel lens dashcams can be bought for as little as £10 on ebay .

Don't laugh  :hihi: ---   I've had a few of the cheaper duel lens versions, handy if your picking cars up or driving someone else's car the simple plug in version can be a good alternative instead of the permanently wired in (removable) cameras. 

The only trouble with duel lens cams, your looking through the car for the rear view  - or grandma sat in't middle rear seat 👵  .

Go for the two separate camera's DADDY, and buy the best you can.

Keep safe out there 8) .

3 hours ago, alchemist said:

Well what a surprise, cyclists taking the proverbial.  There should be some way that they can be identified and reported to the police, but cyclists will of course come up with some real BS excuses why this shouldnt happen

How do the police identify you when you commit a crime when you're on foot?

9 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Last week i said this happened to me on Wicker and people on here called me a liar

If bikes can now use the middle of the lane then they shouldnt be allowed to use a bus lane because buses cant overtake them 

Which defeats the object of a bus lane

Bikes, taxis and buses get on perfectly well sharing the bus, bike and taxi lanes . No need for you to get all flustered about it.

28 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Bikes, taxis and buses get on perfectly well sharing the bus, bike and taxi lanes . No need for you to get all flustered about it.

But you know that the rules have changed 

Bikes can now ride in the centre of the bus lane and buses will not be able to overtake

Edited by Jack Grey

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

But you know that the rules have changed 

Bikes can now ride in the centre of the bus lane and buses will not be able to overtake

Get a car.

Or a bike.

Or a newspaper.

9 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

How do the police identify you when you commit a crime when you're on foot?

Have you not seen the 📷 📸 Big Brother is watching.