Highway Code Shakeup. Cyclists Encouraged To Use Middle Of Road

From the article:

one instruction is that cyclists should take up the middle of the road unless a "faster" car is behind them, in which case they should pull to the left.

Now, it's the Daily Express, so I'll take any claims it makes with a pinch of salt, but this would never work on Sheffield's steep hills.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fake news! The changes to the Highway Code advise cyclists to ride in the middle of the lane not the middle of the road. It's not new advice either - the change adds the advice that has been given for years by the government's cyclist training scheme to the Highway Code were it will be more visible to motorists.

Middle of the Lane, makes for less collisions from car doors,and crashes from drain grates and general rubbish etc sounds like good advice  from a safety view point.

Cyclists should always claim their road space , riding in the gutter just gives some drivers the red light to pass to close and force them off road .

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah lane not road. 

My bad👍

Easily done,

Goes to show you can't always  trust the news outlets you'd think they'd double check the info before debating it.

43 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah lane not road. 

My bad👍

That's what you get for reading The Express. :hihi: (Although other news sources have been making the same deliberate error.)

3 minutes ago, altus said:

That's what you get for reading The Express. :hihi: (Although other news sources have been making the same deliberate error.)

😂

I know I know. It was a rookie error lol

54 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah lane not road. 

My bad👍

Middle of the lane / middle of the road?  It'll make a change from lot of them riding in the middle of the pavement. 

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Middle of the lane / middle of the road?  It'll make a change from lot of them riding in the middle of the pavement. 

Will they have a bell that goes Chirpy Chirpy Tweet Tweet 

21 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

21 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

If they can get on for parked cars that is