Blades Win And The Fake Real Madrid Lose.

32 minutes ago, prince al said:

Good to see Brewster finally hitting top form! After getting 2 managers the sack.

It’ll have put his value up,probably a million now.

Workman like performance by the Blades.Not much between the 2 teams in the 1st half but we created much more in the 2nd. Some of the shooting though was diabolical. 

For a team that was bang in form I was a bit surprised how bad Luton were, but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Peterborough next weekend, let’s see which Blades team turns up 

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

It’ll have put his value up,probably a million now.

Take it! Cash in!

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Workman like performance by the Blades.Not much between the 2 teams in the 1st half but we created much more in the 2nd. Some of the shooting though was diabolical. 

For a team that was bang in form I was a bit surprised how bad Luton were, but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Peterborough next weekend, let’s see which Blades team turns up 

Yes I was suprised how poor Luton were but we did the business in the end after making hard work of it!!

Do you think promotion is attainable with the present squad and set up?

9 hours ago, prince al said:

Big Dazza and  little Bazza will take us all the way .  Not big time Charly's just proper journeymen trying their best .

33 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Big Dazza and  little Bazza will take us all the way .  Not big time Charly's just proper journeymen trying their best .

When?.

Edited by Alextopman

10 hours ago, prince al said:

I doubt we could get into the top two after such a slow start. But if we did get into the play offs it would only bring false hopes. We may even prevail in the play offs and make the Wembley final. Then the real sense of doom would overwhelm me. Our record in play off finals (any division) is woeful. 

And in the unlikely event that we won that, we would go into the top tier with a squad of nice blokes, but with no chance of staying there.  However, I would enjoy the atmosphere of a capacity crowd again, it is something special. 

.............Pessimist of S8...............

^^^ Same

I think we've wasted this season mainly thanks to Slavs unwillingness to change his system to suit the players he had to work with.

Going forward i would be optimistic if we managed to keep Jebbison, Brewster and Ndiaye playing upfront for us next season, they could be very good to watch together.

The wage bill is gonna have to be slashed so you'd have to be looking to offload the likes of McBurnie,Mousset,McGoldrick and Berge.I'd like to keep hold of Sharp and Basham but a few of the players who have been there for years are gonna have to go.

On 22/01/2022 at 17:53, Sheridan1-0 said:

Good to see the internet is back working in S2 coinciding with a rare win ….no doubt a 15 page match report will be forthcoming ..

As for Real Madrid…a lack of consistency will see at least,another season in the 3rd Division …

«  rare win » ? I’ll bet you wish Wednesday won as rarely.

2 hours ago, atticus said:

^^^ Same

I think we've wasted this season mainly thanks to Slavs unwillingness to change his system to suit the players he had to work with.

Going forward i would be optimistic if we managed to keep Jebbison, Brewster and Ndiaye playing upfront for us next season, they could be very good to watch together.

The wage bill is gonna have to be slashed so you'd have to be looking to offload the likes of McBurnie,Mousset,McGoldrick and Berge.I'd like to keep hold of Sharp and Basham but a few of the players who have been there for years are gonna have to go.

You don’t think Sharp and Bash have been there «  for a few years » ?  Agree with you about McBoozy and , sadly, Mousset , what a wasted talent  that lad is. Berge will be off anyway, probably before end of January,  and Didzy looks done, shame because for a free signing he’s been magnificent.

9 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

You don’t think Sharp and Bash have been there «  for a few years » ?  Agree with you about McBoozy and , sadly, Mousset , what a wasted talent  that lad is. Berge will be off anyway, probably before end of January,  and Didzy looks done, shame because for a free signing he’s been magnificent.

Bash for me is one of the first names on the team sheet , i’d offer him a new contract.Sharp … some sort of player / coach roll ? Who knows.

And Didzy will always be welcome back when he retires , he just doesn’t bring much to the party as a player anymore.