Doomsday Clock Has Been Set At 100 Seconds To Midnight .

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Put it anyway that suits you, Lol

The World's balance of power was stable during the Trump Administration. The U.S, Military was supreme,

Compared to what? :loopy:

"A surrender of global leadership"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/11/trump-who-withdrawal-china/616475/

"While the U.S. is distracted, China is rewriting the rules of the global order."

And the important bit, the body bag count of U.S. Servicemen and Women  declined under Trump.

Cool, so how many Afghans is the average US citizen worth, in your view?

How many do you think you're worth?

When faced with War, enough to ensure the safety of the people who elected me to protect them.

Of course, I'd be a little more moderate than Bill Clinton, who bombed more sovereign countries than any other President.

And maybe I'd think twice about dropping two Atom Bombs on innocent civilians, women and children in two major cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as a previous Democrat Administration did.

Some collateral damage there, don't you think?  :) 

Take while to beat that civilian death toll.

But hey, Joe has only just started!   :)

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

When faced with War, enough to ensure the safety of the people who elected me to protect them.

So what's the number before those same people are so sickened, they decide to vote for the other guy? :?

Of course, I'd be a little more moderate than Bill Clinton, who bombed more sovereign countries than any other President.

Seems highly unlikely given previous conflicts.

Regardless, we're talking about number of bombs dropped  :?

And maybe I'd think twice about dropping two Atom Bombs on innocent civilians, women and children in two major cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as a previous Democrat Administration did.

Some collateral damage there, don't you think?  :) 

Conveniently forgetting the Vietnam War under Nixon... who dropped triple the tonnage of bombs used by the US in all of WWII :?

So, let me get this right, to come up with anyone anything like as bad a Trump, you have to go back several decades at least...

...thanks for proving my point! :hihi:

Take while to beat that civilian death toll.

But hey, Joe has only just started!   :)

At the rate he's going he'll need way more than 4 years to come anywhere near Trump! :? :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

It amazes me what goes on around the world that we hear or know very little about, even in these days of mass communication and 24hour news...

What is the Doomsday Clock and why is 100 seconds to midnight significant?

8 hours ago, ElliotM said:

Russia is stupid enough to Enter Ucraine! I know they can do this, nothing can stop them, Russia feels the blood smell and Russia wants war, as this country has not be in a war for a while. WAR WINTER VODKA

Biden is turning tail and running like hell from the the mad mullah's, communists, and  totalitarians.

Good thing too!

The very thought of this keystone cop circus, of Winken, Blinken and Nod, prosecuting any kind of military operation against the best in the business, gives me the willies.

Biden, Pelosi, Harris and Schiff.

Best let them spend their time worrying about Global Warming and investigating Trump, to keep them busy until the adults take over again!

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

What is the Doomsday Clock and why is 100 seconds to midnight significant?

Here you are. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

It's just a symbolic clock.  The closer to midnight, the more humankind is supposedly be closer to our destruction. 

Edited by Baron99

11 hours ago, ElliotM said:

Russia is stupid enough to Enter Ucraine! I know they can do this, nothing can stop them, Russia feels the blood smell and Russia wants war, as this country has not be in a war for a while. WAR WINTER VODKA

They have already entered Ukraine by taking the Crimea.

20 hours ago, Kidorry said:

They have already entered Ukraine by taking the Crimea.

They are already, to all intents and purposes, in economic control of the Dombas Separatist Area.

1200px-Minsk_Protocol.svg.png

Through support of the separatists, they also have military and political control.

I can recommend a read of this document:

A Cost-Benefit Analysis for Russia of the Donbas Economic Blockade | Wilson Center

Whilst it is from a US institute it seems reasonably balanced in its reporting.

On 24/01/2022 at 17:43, trastrick said:

Biden is turning tail and running like hell from the the mad mullah's, communists, and  totalitarians.

LOL, sure... as opposed to telling them how great they are, and how much he loves them... legitimising their regimes and giving them a metaphorical hand-job! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

It's called International Diplomacy.

Talk softly and carry a big stick.

The opposite of Biden, who talks tough, and has no stick.

No Russian invasions of Ukraine under Trump. Only under Obama/Biden

Trump approved US Keystone Pipeline, and sanctioned the Russian Nordstream 2 Pipeline.

Biden did the opposite, Canceled U.S. Keystone and lifted Trump's sanctions on Russia's Nordstream 2 pipeline.

Then had to release U.S. Strategic Oil Supplies, the beg Russia and OPEC to increase oil production.

Crazy?

Forbes

"The Double Irony Of Asking OPEC To Increase Oil Production"

"President Biden pleaded with OPEC this week to pump more oil. Those pleas were rebuffed, and late in the week Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm called on oil-producing nations to immediately increase crude supplies so people won’t be hurt by high prices this winter".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/11/06/the-double-irony-of-asking-opec-to-increase-oil-production/?sh=428e411745e0

Folks in the U.S. are now asking out loud what Russia has on Joe Biden (and Hunter)

Lol

Edited by trastrick

It's called International Diplomacy.

Legitimizing authoritarian regimes and their leaders.... "Diplomacy" :?

Talk softly and carry a big stick.

Talk softly? LOL, who're you trying to kid? :loopy:

The opposite of Biden, who talks tough, and has no stick.

Biden has precisely the same stick :?

No Russian invasions of Ukraine under Trump. Only under Obama/Biden

Donald Trump triggers a Turkish invasion and trashes the national interest:

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2019/10/17/donald-trump-triggers-a-turkish-invasion-and-trashes-the-national-interest

:?

Trump approved US Keystone Pipeline, and sanctioned the Russian Nordstream 2 Pipeline.

Biden did the opposite, Canceled U.S. Keystone and lifted Trump's sanctions on Russia's Nordstream 2 pipeline.

Cancelling Keystone XL was an election promise made by Biden. He won the election :?

Trump vetoed the broader legislation of which the Nordstream sanctions formed part:

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2171953-trump-veto-delays-nord-stream-2-sanctions

Doesn't look like they ever started :?

They would have hurt US companies at least as much:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/07/29/biden-nord-stream-2-insurance-sanctions-protecting-us-firms/

Then had to release U.S. Strategic Oil Supplies, the beg Russia and OPEC to increase oil production.

Crazy?

Forbes

"The Double Irony Of Asking OPEC To Increase Oil Production"

"President Biden pleaded with OPEC this week to pump more oil. Those pleas were rebuffed, and late in the week Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm called on oil-producing nations to immediately increase crude supplies so people won’t be hurt by high prices this winter".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2021/11/06/the-double-irony-of-asking-opec-to-increase-oil-production/?sh=428e411745e0

Unrelated, since the pipeline in question was nowhere near complete :?

The issues here are global.

Folks in the U.S. are now asking out loud what Russia has on Joe Biden (and Hunter)

No, they're really not! :loopy: Trump, on the other hand... :?  :hihi:

Edited by Magilla