Yorkshireman's Arms, Burgess St. - Gone.

21 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

It was never a viable business. Too small and off the beaten path 

Id rather something more useful be built there than have a derelict building

talking ******** as usual, the only reason it was demolished is apparently because the wall on the end was dangerous due to the building theyd already removed

21 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

It was never a viable business. Too small and off the beaten path 

Id rather something more useful be built there than have a derelict building

You do post some absolute rubbish , on many threads 

i'm pretty old but last time i was in the yorskshiremans i felt positively young.. but it was full of people drinking.. so no doubt a business model somewhere for OAP rockers drinking loads of beer

12 minutes ago, jake said:

i'm pretty old but last time i was in the yorskshiremans i felt positively young.. but it was full of people drinking.. so no doubt a business model somewhere for OAP rockers drinking loads of beer

Must have been a while back 

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

talking ******** as usual, the only reason it was demolished is apparently because the wall on the end was dangerous due to the building theyd already removed

45 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You do post some absolute rubbish , on many threads 

It was constantly under new management and I know for a fact that it struggled to make money.

It was not viable as a pub especially since Kingdom nightclub and surrounding pubs closed.

No one was around there anymore

So its you two who are posting on a subject you know nothing about

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

It was constantly under new management and I know for a fact that it struggled to make money.

It was not viable as a pub especially since Kingdom nightclub and surrounding pubs closed.

That might be case, but it was demolished as it was deemed dangerous NOT cos it was unviable, and it was one of my drinking dens back in the late 80s, early 90s so i know something about it, i used it

6 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Why was it demolished ? Why did some surrounding pubs close ?

Edited by hackey lad

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

That might be case, but it was demolished as it was deemed dangerous NOT cos it was unviable, and it was one of my drinking dens back in the late 80s, early 90s so i know something about it, i used it

Its 2022 now 👍

If it was demolished because it was falling down is a direct result of years of underinvestment because the pub wasnt making any money

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Its 2022 now 👍

If it was demolished because it was falling down is a direct result of years of underinvestment because the pub wasnt making any money

no, it was falling down mainly cos of the wall that no longer had support at the side of it, due to the building next to it being removed previously

7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Its 2022 now 👍

No it was demolished because of the council . A similar fate could happen to the Sportsman 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Its 2022 now 👍

Rubbish!

Edited by prince al