Sign in to follow this  

Bt Price Increase

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

I have just read that BT are putting their prices up, not a little price hike but 9.3%.  It is ridiculous how these companies can get away with raising prices by so much, it is pure greed.

BT to introduce inflation-busting price rises - BBC News

Everyone puts their prices up in March

EE mobile customers who signed up before 1 September 2020 will see their bills rise by 7.5% on 31 March in line with the retail prices index (RPI) measure of inflation for December 2021.

I got a new mobile phone contract in March and then they put the price up less than 2 weeks later

Edited by Jack Grey

What a joke that link is. If BT had got it's finger out much earlier and upgraded the network, instead of big bonuses for the fat cats. We wouldn't have to pay for their seriously oversold network. I've been with them years but every month now, they are reducing my speeds...and the 101 excuses why it's happening. it's called DLM, that's in place and setup to save BT bandwidth.

19 minutes ago, zach said:

What a joke that link is. If BT had got it's finger out much earlier and upgraded the network, instead of big bonuses for the fat cats. We wouldn't have to pay for their seriously oversold network. I've been with them years but every month now, they are reducing my speeds...and the 101 excuses why it's happening. it's called DLM, that's in place and setup to save BT bandwidth.

TalkTalk have just installed(Wednesday) their Fast 150 (actually 128Mbps at the moment but rising) and free phone calls at £26 pm.

It is coping with 11 machines without interruption so far.

Included engineer visit, new router, telephone master socket etc. Done in 30 minutes. No set up fees. 

5 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

TalkTalk have just installed(Wednesday) their Fast 150 (actually 128Mbps at the moment but rising) and free phone calls at £26 pm.

Included engineer visit, new router, telephone master socket etc. Done in 30 minutes. No set up fees. 

Have you had dealings with Talk Talk before? What are they like. ? Interested in this deal . Currently with Sky but out of contract and paying similar for 40 Mbps and no phone calls

Im with Hypoeroptic and i pay £35 for 1GB speed upload & download

And i dont need to pay for a BT phone line either ❤️

giphy-downsized-large.gif

8 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and not an option at my address.

Yesterday I got a mail from EE offering  superfast BB as my deal ends in April, I will see what price increase there is but I am happy enough on standard fibre of 38mbps.

Virgin Media:

Our prices are going up from 1st March 2022.
Dear 
We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology. To help us carry on this work, the price of your package will go up by £4.00 a month from 1st March.

6 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Virgin Media:

Our prices are going up from 1st March 2022.
Dear 
We know a price rise is never welcome, but it’s essential we continue investing in our technology. To help us carry on this work, the price of your package will go up by £4.00 a month from 1st March.

They always say that its to invest in new technology and the network

But that cost is tax deductible....its how corporations and train companies never pay any tax

They shouldnt be allowed to use that as an excuse to increase prices