Another T Bone Rta At Meadowhead Junction!

if you go round lowedges,greenhill,batemoor,jordanthorpe ect,ect and you where a traffic warden or police officer at night you could book several hundred cars for

parking illegal and i take it that would include many more areas,also the 20mph limit,the whole lots a joke as these people make the rules,but knowing well they cannot enforce them,it just makes them look good to the public,its about time there was a clamp down,but cannot see it anytime soon.

51 minutes ago, bassett one said:

if you go round lowedges,greenhill,batemoor,jordanthorpe ect,ect and you where a traffic warden or police officer at night you could book several hundred cars for

parking illegal and i take it that would include many more areas,also the 20mph limit,the whole lots a joke as these people make the rules, but knowing well they cannot enforce them, it just makes them look good to the public,its about time there was a clamp down,but cannot see it anytime soon.

Again, please define "parking illegal"

The Council's CEO's can only enforce restrictions like a double or single yellow line. They don't work overnight.

Other things like parking in a junction, obstruction etc can only be enforced by the Police. If it's Police matters you are complaining about, have a word with your local policing team, they may take action.

Regarding 20mph limits the people who install them are the Council. The Police enforce them. The Police have told the Council that they are not going to enforce 20 limits, but the Council continue to install them because Councillors want them, as people ask for them. The Councillors can then say they listened to people and acted (despite the fact that  they know that the signing and lining only 20 zones make hardly any difference to average speeds (their officers have told them this) and won't be enforced ). 

yes its parking on double yellow lines ,obstructing junctions ,speeding in 20mph zones,lowedges road is awfull,people speeding all the time,i agree with you,somthing needs doing,but the police have not got the time,so its do what you want,re-this junction i have used it today,its a simple task of common sense,maybe if the oncoming traffic was reduced to 30mph that may help,but i think its the drivers getting upset at waiting,so try to speed over it.

I went to the St. James retail park early Sunday morning and when I came out it was stupid drivers turning into the complex when the road into the park was full and stopping in the main road, thus stopping all the traffic that wanted to go towards Meadowhead. Crazy.

also the way in slip road coming from meadowhead, when full blocks the second lane,leaving only a single lane to norton,the whole lot needs sorting

When St James retail park was being proposed, plenty on here were quick to quash any concerns of there being traffic issues, but during certain periods of the day, and at weekends, most of the concerns have come true. It's a bit of a nightmare around the junction at times. I try and avoid going there eon Saturdays, and if I do I sometimes walk there instead of driving, but that limits the quantity of shopping I can do as I have to carry it all home.