Another T Bone Rta At Meadowhead Junction!

Just been past top of Greenhill avenue about half hour ago, 3 ambulances and paramedics plus 2 police cars, hope everyone ok , it looked serious but think most ok, might have been one stuck in car, where it was T Boned , why on earth hasnt this junction been sorted its the filter lane than crosses over onto Greenhill avenue .

i am sure a lot of drivers think this is light controlled and dont give way properly, it should be light controlled here as a lot of drivers dont understand the set up the oncoming traffic only has to stop if the pedestrian crossing is used.

seen at least 5 accidents here same reason, road planners have no idea and nor do some drivers! not be long before a fatality here.

then they now want to build a 5,000 seated stadium for football and events there,plus a museum and still keep the transport club,not that i am against it ,but with the island at meadowhead and st james retail park and this awfull junction,hope the planners sort it all out ,inc this junction or otherwise there will be even more,hope the injurys were not to serious

You’d have to be an idiot to mistake a green light in the form of an arrow indicating straight ahead for one that gives you right of way when turning right.

Well there’s a lot of idiots on the road looking at thier phones not what’s through the windscreen.

12 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Well there’s a lot of idiots on the road looking at thier phones not what’s through the windscreen.

Even an idiot doesn’t look at his phone when making a right turn.

sorry jim,but the main problem is the main road is 40mph ,that doesnt help, plus what happens when we get the new stadium,but that could be a chance to sort it

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

sorry jim,but the main problem is the main road is 40mph ,that doesnt help, plus what happens when we get the new stadium,but that could be a chance to sort it

I would say the main problem is inexperienced drivers incapable of judging the speed of approaching traffic, making a dash for it and stalling.

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

The speed limit has nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I would say the main problem is inexperienced drivers incapable of judging the speed of approaching traffic, making a dash for it and stalling.

Although that maybe true as some will be drivers that learnt during covid when traffic was lighter, the main cause, in my opinion, seems to be that the 'me, me, me' type attitudes are becoming increasingly common on the roads. The 'I must get in front' & 'I'm not waiting a few seconds' types. 

Road junction is fine, it's some of the idiot drivers on the roads, that don't know how to drive properly.

You see it daily, not just in Sheffield but across the country. Since lockdown ended, there seems to be even more idiots on the roads!

theres always been a problem at that junction,but hope a cure can be sorted when the new stadiums built

14 minutes ago, bassett one said:

theres always been a problem at that junction,but hope a cure can be sorted when the new stadiums built

I'll be very surprised if that stadium ever gets built.

Edited by Bargepole23

17 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

You’d have to be an idiot to mistake a green light in the form of an arrow indicating straight ahead for one that gives you right of way when turning right.

Yes. But there are many idiots.  The real idiots are the City Highways people who "designed" thus road layout with the money put up by the St James developers. Ever since that infernal place opened it's been a nightmare at Meadowhead. I wrote to them at the time and predicted accidents. They took no action. These RTCs are the result. There were almost never any before the pedestrian crossing and lights were installed.  Somebody should be sacked for gross incompetence. But as we know all too well, that never happens in local government....

Mind you, for real incompetence you have to ask how they allowed the layout in the car park at St James?  Why could it not be a clockwise circulation? Half the time the jams on the roads are because of the back up from the T junction in the car park.  Madness!  No wonder so many people choose to park on the residential roads of Meadowhead. I wonder what the lovally elected |Councillors have to say about it?  Or that worthy snoozepaper The Star?