Sheffield Railway Station

Does anyone know of anyone who gives guided talks about Sheffield railway station? We're a group interested in architecture and would love to know more about the station - preferably in April.

This may not be very helpful to you, but it could  lead on to something/someone. 

I have been to two 'talks' on other subjects at the Fat Cat pub that were run in an evening. The is of course in Sheffield. If you dug around, made a few phone calls and contacted the people who do the speaking at the Cat, they may connect you to someone. People lead to peaple, sort of thing.

I had a great tour under the station a few years back when the Porter Brook Trust were doing tours from the Porter Brook at Matilda Street, along to where it joins the River Sheaf under platform 5, and then along past Ponds Forge to the Megatron. Obviously they haven't been happening the last couple of years, but worth keeping an eye out if they restart them once everything settles down Covid-wise. I'm also reading a book called Secret Sheffield at the minute (ironically authored by a Mr Rotherham !) which contains lots of interesting facts about how Sheffield developed over time, including the station and how they built it on a swamp (hence Pond Street, Ponds Forge etc.) as that was cheap and undeveloped land. Also explains why it flooded a few years back when the Sheaf overflowed.

There was a very interesting program on the box recently re Sheffield Station. I can' t recall what it was.

57 minutes ago, Gleadly said:

There was a very interesting program on the box recently re Sheffield Station. I can' t recall what it was.

The Architecture The Railways Built; season 2, episode 7. UKTV/Yesterday.

It would have been noce to have been around when Sheffield Midland had the overall roof.