Symptoms Of Long Covid

24 minutes ago, Mister M said:

How do you feel about the UK Government writing off £4.3 billion taken by fraudsters from furlough and other business support in lockdown?

Absolutely disgraceful

I know someone who took a 50k bounce back loan and then bought a new Range Rover knowing they would never have to pay it back.

We had self employed truckers from the EU taking loans and then leaving the country

We had people setting up hundreds of business and claiming furlough

I read a story of a small Indian restaurant with 10 tables that claimed furlough for 100 employees 

And its all been written off.....and as usual its the law abiding taxpayer who will have to pay it back

CRIME DOES PAY IN THE UK 😠

33 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Absolutely disgraceful

I know someone who took a 50k bounce back loan and then bought a new Range Rover knowing they would never have to pay it back.

We had self employed truckers from the EU taking loans and then leaving the country

We had people setting up hundreds of business and claiming furlough

I read a story of a small Indian restaurant with 10 tables that claimed furlough for 100 employees 

And its all been written off.....and as usual its the law abiding taxpayer who will have to pay it back

CRIME DOES PAY IN THE UK 😠

People with long covid and who have been certified by their medic as unable to work due to their symptoms are entitled to be signed off. 

I would suggest that government money claimed by a handful of people who may try to fake symptoms of long covid to get out of work will be miniscule in comparison to the sums of money defrauded through £4.3 billion business support loans defrauded from the taxpayer.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

People with long covid and who have been certified by their medic as unable to work due to their symptoms are entitled to be signed off. 

I would suggest that government money claimed by a handful of people who may try to fake symptoms of long covid to get out of work will be miniscule in comparison to the sums of money defrauded through £4.3 billion business support loans defrauded from the taxpayer.

I dont agree

Covid cannot be used as an excuse for people to abuse the system 

Im not saying its everyone but there are a lot of people have used Covid to get a lot of time off work on full pay

We cannot have bus drivers, train drivers, tube drivers, teachers, civil servants, NHS workers using long Covid as an excuse to take time off work on full pay which cripples services

Enough is enough

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Well said

You can aquire these sympton by just getting the normal flu virus, I did three years ago. Three years on and still havn't got my taste or smell back. :huh:

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I dont agree

Covid cannot be used as an excuse for people to abuse the system 

Im not saying its everyone but there are a lot of people have used Covid to get a lot of time off work on full pay

We cannot have bus drivers, train drivers, tube drivers, teachers, civil servants, NHS workers using long Covid as an excuse to take time off work on full pay which cripples services

Enough is enough

I didn't say people should abuse the system. People haven't "used Covid to get a lot of time off work on full pay", many have HAD to self isolate because they've got Coronavirus, they've been pinged, and they've obeyed the law. 

During the long periods of lockdown, people were ringing up the radio stations I listened to were really struggling with the boredom of lockdown, or had serious problems with their mental health. Nobody enjoyed lockdown. 

I think there is an effort to portray some people as lazy scroungers, but when it comes to those who have defrauded the tax system out of billions in furlough - oh well, we'll write that £4.3 billion off, it'd only be spent on benefits to those who'd pi$$ it up the wall anyway

In reply to Presley -

You'll have to spice up your meals,  are your joints affected?

Edited by cressida

38 minutes ago, cressida said:

In reply to Presley -

You'll have to spice up your meals,  are your joints affected?

No,  some stuff like meat and certain crisp taste like metal or something, but havn't  got no shortness of breath ect.

49 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I didn't say people should abuse the system. People haven't "used Covid to get a lot of time off work on full pay", many have HAD to self isolate because they've got Coronavirus, they've been pinged, and they've obeyed the law. 

During the long periods of lockdown, people were ringing up the radio stations I listened to were really struggling with the boredom of lockdown, or had serious problems with their mental health. Nobody enjoyed lockdown. 

I think there is an effort to portray some people as lazy scroungers, but when it comes to those who have defrauded the tax system out of billions in furlough - oh well, we'll write that £4.3 billion off, it'd only be spent on benefits to those who'd pi$$ it up the wall anyway

Everyone has been hungover and called in to work sick

Whats stopping people using Covid as an excuse to get out of work?

Especially those who are members of Unions

Sick pay is abused in the NHS and costs the taxpayer Billions

45 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Everyone has been hungover and called in to work sick

Whats stopping people using Covid as an excuse to get out of work?

Especially those who are members of Unions

Sick pay is abused in the NHS and costs the taxpayer Billions

If you've done it, why are you getting on your high horse then?

Speaking of sick pay, and self certification: Workers told they can take 28 days off sick without doctor’s note | The Independent

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If you've done it, why are you getting on your high horse then?

Speaking of sick pay, and self certification: Workers told they can take 28 days off sick without doctor’s note | The Independent

Its estimated that 90% of the country have had Covid

Can they all claim to have long Covid and get a sick note for months on end?

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Its estimated that 90% of the country have had Covid

Can they all claim to have long Covid and get a sick note for months on end?

Who has estimated that?