Save The Bbc

When I used to listen to Radio one it used to be Tony Blackburn,Noel Edmonds and Steve wright,just one dj on,now you put it on and there's 2 or 3 on it,no wonder it spends loads I cash.

40 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

When I used to listen to Radio one it used to be Tony Blackburn,Noel Edmonds and Steve wright,just one dj on,now you put it on and there's 2 or 3 on it,no wonder it spends loads I cash.

Same with BBC TV.     Programmes with several presenters when one would suffice.  Far too much money wasted.

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

I made the mistake of trying to watch summat on ITV Player.  After completing the online form requesting demanding my personal details, I was forced to sit through adverts before the show began.

I've never hit the off button on the remote so fast.

Wot? Adverts on ITV? Giooer!

25 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

Wot? Adverts on ITV? Giooer!

I could’ve tolerated a couple of adverts when the programme was underway, but being forced to sit through at least two adverts right at the very start?

After I’d already compromised my privacy by creating an ITV user account ?

Not me sunshine.  I’m not prepared to compromise my principles for a stupid TV show 

Edited by The Joker

I agree money is being wasted and needs to be spent more wisely, but l still think we need a British Broadcasting Corporation for all sorts of reasons.

It's about more than entertainment and more than profits which is all that commercial TV cares about. 

The original Lord Reith agenda; to inform, educate, and entertain, is still an excellent standard to aspire to, sadly lacking when bums on seats are all that counts.

Three seasons of the Radio 4 drama/podcast The Lovecraft Investigations by Julian Simpson is worth the licence fee alone.  Everyone go listen to it right now.  You won't regret it.  Hope there's more to come.

Not bothered how the BBC goes about being funded in the future as long as it no longer costs me anything, I wouldn't shed a tear if it vanished for ever.