Save The Bbc

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I'm happy to pay for the TV licence each year.  I don't pay for any channels such as sky.  I guess when people are paying for TV channels  they are not as happy as me to pay the £159 to fund the BBC.   Also many people are paying a fortune each month for phone contracts which didn't happen in the old days.  Then there is broadband which is another monthly out going for many households which didn't happen in the old days.  The BBC is by far the best channel to cover important national events and it would be a shame if their channels are not available to everyone in the future. 

I agree with you. I still think the BBC are good.!

Tuned in part way through a radio report today with someone, (didn't catch their name, job title, etc), stating that the licence fee freeze would be noticible to the viewers in the quality of BBC programmes produced in the coming years & that unless the licence fee is subsequently increased, people will 'suffer'(?).   What?  Will Lineker be forced to take up a paper round to supplement the 8 other jobs he was reportedly doing last year or Winkleman be forced to take in washing? 

Here's a start in making a few savings.  I'm sure that if the BBC let Lineker go, they could probably get the likes of Jermaine Jenas or Alex Best to front MOTD for at least half the cost?

Would love to know how much the Beeb pay that wonderful actor Danny Dire for his acting in a soap and that great gameshow he grunts through ,

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Would love to know how much the Beeb pay that wonderful actor Danny Dire for his acting in a soap and that great gameshow he grunts through ,

I was going to correct the spelling of his surname but it's actually more appropriate. 

17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I was going to correct the spelling of his surname but it's actually more appropriate. 

:thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:thumbsup:

I like Danny but I guess a working class lad who slags off the Tories is a bit too much for a pair of cap doffing forelock tuggers like you two.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

I like Danny but I guess a working class lad who slags off the Tories is a bit too much for a pair of cap doffing forelock tuggers like you two.

Do you admire his acting abilities ?

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Who knows,if they can pay June Sarpong £270k a year for a part time job doing who or what knows(it probably got Jenas and Scott jobs)they could be paying him millions.

11 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Danny descends from  royalty, a nobleman blood runs through him, I guess that makes him the noblegeezer to some people, he's just an elite Luvvie really, just doing the Mockney Classical interpretation  to amuse the upper and lower ranks and earn a few bob.

Edited by steve68

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

It is suggested that he was getting around £250k for EastEnders with a total package from the BBC (soaps, quizzes, shows etc.) of a million.

I think there should be a licence fee funded BBC but it should be reduced right back; it has become far too  bloated, trying to do too much, trying to compete with everything.

17 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

the BBC managed to spend a whopping £87m on their new EastEnders set, having now gone £27m over budget!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46521700

Can any viewers tell the difference in value for money on screen? :shakes:

How can a pub and a dozen or so houses cost £87m?