Uk Economy 2022

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Does it really though?

Many NHS functions/services have been outsourced to private companies who charge exorbitant fees for fairly basic services.

I asked a doctor how they can possibly justify these charges, to which he replied 'They don't have to, they've got us over a barrel, we have no choice, we have to pay it.'

The money doesn't improve the service, it just goes straight into the back pocket of the provider (usually a pal of Boris)  and the shareholders. They can (and do) up their fees any time they like, and the NHS has to pay it.

Thats not the governments fault is it? They giove them NHS the money and they spend is badly 

You need to stop blaming politicians for the failings in the NHS.....they have nothing to do with it

We need to start looking at the NHS trusts and the administrators and executives who are not doing their jobs

12 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Thats not the governments fault is it? They giove them NHS the money and they spend is badly 

You need to stop blaming politicians for the failings in the NHS.....they have nothing to do with it

We need to start looking at the NHS trusts and the administrators and executives who are not doing their jobs

I disagree. It's the Conservatives obsession with privatisation that is doing the damage. And the cartels that are formed in the private sector mean the NHS has no choice but to use their excessively expensive services. 

It seems the government plan is to run the NHS into the ground to make way for a full privatisation like the American system. All done by the back door of course.

But then Boris could never be so sneaky could he?

19 hours ago, El Cid said:

It is 2% higher now because we have had a large increase in house prices, but the difference averages to 0.9%

Ah, so you are now quoting averages without stating they are averages.

37 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It seems the government plan is to run the NHS into the ground to make way for a full privatisation like the American system. All done by the back door of course.

As Jack Grey has already pointed out the government have no say in the running of the NHS as it does not report to them but directly to Parliament.

Edited by Dromedary

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I disagree. It's the Conservatives obsession with privatisation that is doing the damage. And the cartels that are formed in the private sector mean the NHS has no choice but to use their excessively expensive services. 

But then Boris could never be so sneaky could he?

Well the current system isnt working is it?.....its an absolute shambles

We need to take it out of politics so it cant be weaponised and used as a football.

Its time we ran the NHS like a business instead of a charity

Personally i like the Australian system that is a mix of a public system and private healthcare

When compared the UK with the US, Canada, Germany, Australia, Sweden, France, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Switzerland, the UK spent the least per capita on healthcare in 2017 compared with all other countries studied.

We examined 79 health systems metrics in the UK and nine comparable countries and found that the UK had lower spending and slower growth in expenditure than comparators. Several factors contribute to the relatively low expenditure in the UK, including lower levels of doctor and nurse staffing, lower rates of utilisation, and less provision of long term care than comparators. Despite already low levels of labour, the UK is making do with fewer doctors and nurses, a challenge that is likely to be exacerbated in the context of Brexit.

https://www.bmj.com/content/367/bmj.l6326

This thread is meant to be about our failing economy.

The price of oil hit its highest level in more than seven years on Tuesday as traders worried that an attack on a fuel storage facility in the Middle East could affect supply.

Regular pay, excluding bonuses and adjusted for inflation, fell 1% in November compared to the same month in the previous year.

Which will be using the CPI measure of inflation, so it likely to be more than 1%, posibly as much as 3%

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60035312

Consumer price inflation surged to 5.4% in the 12 months to December, up from 5.1% the month before, in another blow to struggling families. RPI inflation has also increased, that stands at 7.5% its highest since 1990

The last time inflation was higher was in March 1992, when it was 7.1%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60050699

The problem is that inflation is running at such a clip in the UK, that it is outpacing wage inflation borne from labour shortages.

When will interest rates begin to rise...

When I was a lad you always got 6d in every pound saved.. that's 2@half percent.

Now I get nowt.

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

When will interest rates begin to rise...

When I was a lad you always got 6d in every pound saved.. that's 2@half percent.

Now I get nowt.

Tha will have to get that wad from under bed out .

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Tha will have to get that wad from under bed out .

I can't,

It's welded into the springs of the Mattress.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I can't,

It's welded into the springs of the Mattress.

Better spend it soon Padders. Real money is going out of fashion.

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Better spend it soon Padders. Real money is going out of fashion.

My bank card is magic, I just present it all or place , no problem , even chip shop takes it , don't understand how it all works but who cares .