Oxford fc v sheffield wednesday

hopefully we can continue from the 4-2 win,need luck and players staying fit and get a couple of players in

Not getting carried away with the plymouth result, they were way below par and affected by injuries and covid, bit like us at sunderland, Argyle have good players but a paper thin squad and had to draft a few kids in for yesterdays game to make up the numbers.

Oxford played us off the park at hillsbro, best side Ive seen at S6 this season by a distance, moved the ball quickly, intelligently and found space to play in, that said theyve lost both their last two games, hopefully we can take advantage of their stumble and use the momentum gained from the plymouth game.

It’s all about getting those 3 points …don’t care if the opposition are below par or affected by injuries or need to draft in kids ..it’s all about Wednesday getting a run of wins together at this critical point of the season…

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

It’s all about getting those 3 points …don’t care if the opposition are below par or affected by injuries or need to draft in kids ..it’s all about Wednesday getting a run of wins together at this critical point of the season…

And unfortunately, its those false dawns that bring you backdown to earth.

Had we duffed up a fully fit strong Plymouth, Id have been very impressed, as wed never managed that in the 3 previous games, fact is wed never scored a goal or looked like scoring one.

As I said lets hope Oxford have covid issues as well, wont work every week though will it

6 hours ago, staninoodle said:

And unfortunately, its those false dawns that bring you backdown to earth.

Had we duffed up a fully fit strong Plymouth, Id have been very impressed, as wed never managed that in the 3 previous games, fact is wed never scored a goal or looked like scoring one.

As I said lets hope Oxford have covid issues as well, wont work every week though will it

Having watched Wednesday for over 50 years I’ve seen plenty of false dawns…it’s the hope that kills you ….but I’d sooner enjoy when we win rather than get bogged down with how weakened the opposition were or how the statistics told a different story….a wins a win & you can only beat what’s in front of you …

Its far from perfect but if & it’s a big if,we can put a run of wins together…we could be in the mix come April…

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Having watched Wednesday for over 50 years I’ve seen plenty of false dawns…it’s the hope that kills you ….but I’d sooner enjoy when we win rather than get bogged down with how weakened the opposition were or how the statistics told a different story….a wins a win & you can only beat what’s in front of you …

Its far from perfect but if & it’s a big if,we can put a run of wins together…we could be in the mix come April…

I dont think were too far off, but to achieve our aim we need to recruit strongly in this window, LB and at least one CB are going to be critical going forward, we cant keep using Johnson at CB if we are serious about making a play off push.DM obviously doesnt rate young Galvin enough to give him a go

Taking on the club with the most  educated football fans in league 1

Owls to win one nill

Keep Luongo and Windass fit and we've always got a chance, tough game tomorrow I'd take 4 points from the next two games as a huge positive.

Today's line up at Oxford let's hope they carry on from last Saturday, no changes from last weeks line up.

Edited by iansheff

On 17/01/2022 at 07:39, Sheridan1-0 said:

You old git 😃😃😃

18 hours ago, top4718 said:

Keep Luongo and Windass fit and we've always got a chance, tough game tomorrow I'd take 4 points from the next two games as a huge positive.

Will 3 points do? Typical Wednesday, I said to missus as soon as I saw winnall had come on he'd get the winner😔

12 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Winnall can you believe it.

Yes I can