Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, master jedi said:

“The decision was made based on the facts at hand and with very careful consideration. The committee acknowledges that Kate has apologised and believes that she feels genuine remorse."

Show us the remorse you feel Ms Josephs and donate the salary that you got while you were sat on your backside to a local Sheffield charity .

The people of Sheffield will then know you mean it and slowly move on but fail to do so and this scandal will follow you around for the rest of your career while you are in office here , and i and many other people Sheffield will keep reminding you of it.  

My bold. 

When Josephs was interviewed on Calendar tonight by Laura Rostron, she was asked directly that given her salary of £190,000 per year & given the fact that she has been suspended on full pay for the last 6 months & that most are suffering economically at moment, "Was she going to hand back some of the salary that she has not actually worked for?" 

Josephs' response was to state she would make a voluntary donation to a number of charities but no mention of the actual sum. 

I must say watching her apologise, she did come across as less contrite & more caught out. 

Guest sibon
On 15/01/2022 at 15:19, Baron99 said:

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO in light of her admission that she attended a party 

Yes.

Edited by sibon

Hmmm... :huh:

Isn't the question that should be being asked here be that since she's been sat twiddling her thumbs at home for the last 6 months and we seem to have managed without her...

... why do we even need anyone in this role? :suspect:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Isn't the question that should be being asked here be that since she's been sat twiddling her thumbs at home for the last 6 months and we seem to have managed without her...

... why do we even need anyone in this role? :suspect:

Truth :thumbsup:

On 15/01/2022 at 15:19, Baron99 said:

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO in light of her admission that she attended a party in Whitehall, breaking Covid regulations at the time, (which she helped formulat)? 

Yes or no?  Opinions considered either way. 

I think she should. 

Please remember in all this - she did not just ‘attend’ a party, she hosted it! She planned it, sent the invites and decided it should do ahead. It was her party! 

she also did not tell her employer, and her boss, the Leader of the Council until the morning the news broke. Instead, she kept it to herself and was in dialogue with her former employer, the Civil Service instead. What does that say about her respect for and relationship with the Leader of the Council Teflon Terry Fox and the trust he can now place in her. It’s irrevocably fcuked. 

she may be back at work because the legal case to sack her was not strong enough, but she has no working day to day relationship with the Leader of the Council and many of her senior exec and staff, some of whom are disgusted and angry. She has no moral authority, meaning it is only a matter of time until she leaves under a compromise agreement and pay off.

The only loser in this is Sheffield. The only winner in this is Kate Josephs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredderick said:

she may be back at work because the legal case to sack her was not strong enough

This is essentially it. Had they sacked her there would have been a huge and costly legal battle costing ££££££££. 

I think Boris not going anyway has set a precedent now, sadly.

I am not convinced that sacking her now serves any purpose at all. There has been an “ internal investigation “ which having experience of SCC investigations will have been slipshod at best, they haven’t sacked her so what point is there to sacking her , paying her off and then going through the process of finding another CEO and paying them possibly more because we are in dire need of someone to actually do the job .

OR like someone else suggested , have we really missed her input and is the role actually a necessity?

Who knows , but one thing is certain, in the corridors of power at SCC everything carries on blindly, driving a once thriving city towards total mediocrity!

I was in Manchester on Tuesday , a city not without issues but WOW the difference in both cities is blatantly obvious, there’s a buzz in Manchester that Sheffield hasn’t had for years, and with the Fred Karno leadership we have that just simply will not change.

• Like 1

I would imagine someone else (or others) were covering her role whilst she was gone.

Every local authority has a CEO with an eye watering salary. Dudley Council pay theirs £180k ffs and thats a significantly smaller area than Sheffield, and that is more than the sitting Prime Minister earns.  Probably a wider topic tbh, does any local authority need to pay someone that much?

3 hours ago, SteelHouse said:

I am not convinced that sacking her now serves any purpose at all. There has been an “ internal investigation “ which having experience of SCC investigations will have been slipshod at best, they haven’t sacked her so what point is there to sacking her , paying her off and then going through the process of finding another CEO and paying them possibly more because we are in dire need of someone to actually do the job .

OR like someone else suggested , have we really missed her input and is the role actually a necessity?

Who knows , but one thing is certain, in the corridors of power at SCC everything carries on blindly, driving a once thriving city towards total mediocrity!

I was in Manchester on Tuesday , a city not without issues but WOW the difference in both cities is blatantly obvious, there’s a buzz in Manchester that Sheffield hasn’t had for years, and with the Fred Karno leadership we have that just simply will not change.

You are not allowed to mention Manchester , Leeds etc when talking about Sheffield 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would imagine someone else (or others) were covering her role whilst she was gone.

Every local authority has a CEO with an eye watering salary. Dudley Council pay theirs £180k ffs and thats a significantly smaller area than Sheffield, and that is more than the sitting Prime Minister earns.  Probably a wider topic tbh, does any local authority need to pay someone that much?

They get paid that amount, in part, because they are expected to resign when people lose confidence in them.

Ahem 

Well no they get paid that much because they are looking after a shedload of money, I dont think morals really comes into it. Just look at our politicians.

18 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

When Josephs was interviewed on Calendar tonight by Laura Rostron, she was asked directly that given her salary of £190,000 per year & given the fact that she has been suspended on full pay for the last 6 months & that most are suffering economically at moment, "Was she going to hand back some of the salary that she has not actually worked for?" 

Josephs' response was to state she would make a voluntary donation to a number of charities but no mention of the actual sum. 

I must say watching her apologise, she did come across as less contrite & more caught out. 

I would like to know which charities and how much she has donated to them just to see if she is true to her word.

Some people, especially politicians are very quick to use the word sorry these days and they dont really mean it , its just a word for them to use to try and move on from some scandal , i only belive people are truly sorry when they cough up a decent financial contribution to a needed charity and proove to people that they have done so. Show us this proof Ms Josephs and dont even concider saying its not in the public interest because if you do then people will know exactly what you are and will not give your credibillity  a second chance. You are earning £190,000  a year , some people dont see that in their life time.  

• Like 1