Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

In reality those of us who are "not comfortable" with all the "city of sanctuary" woke speak feel slightly aggrieved at the £4.7m of taxpayers money PER DAY housing (in hotels) scrounging people.

I know from personal experience how little the "welcome guests" in the Holiday Inn Express Blonk St appreciate their free board and lodge as they chuck their taxpayer subsidised take-aways in and around the Don. 

If you're scrounging off a country's taxpayers please at least don't add to the costs by being a brain-dead litter-lout.

On 03/02/2022 at 18:20, Tigerfan said:

What i cant understand is there is nothing else wrong in Sheffield for us to worry about.

All the streets are swept and well mantained the city centre is thriving with easy access for all. Buses take us to where we want to go and on time.  We can go to the city hall and see what we want without censorship and without  some guy in a  suit telling us whats good for us I could go on. 

But instead the council because. It has everything in such good order has time and the spare cash to set up a committee to discuss wether to get rid of someone who has probably more ears in Whitehall to push for Sheffield since we had Bob Kerslake  because she attended her own leaving party.

You couldnt make it up. 

Wonder if Julie Dore had a leaving celebration.

Of course Julie Dore wasn’t a paid employee, she was a councillor, and leader of the council.  Kate Josephs replaced John Mothersole as chief executive.   

I agree that she may have contacts in government that could work for Sheffield, and the council could certainly be using her expertise rather than giving her paid leave ATM.  I’ve heard positive things about her from a couple of council staff.   But hey, lets go through a whole new, expensive recruitment drive for someone else!

So 20 fines issued by the police for breaking the law regarding the party gate scandle , i wonder if Kate Joseph was one of the recipients of one of these fines and if so, will she stay or will she go ? . This will show her true integrity is she has recieved one wont it. 

I'm more interested to know if she's any good at her job, and is she worth the £200,000 we pay her?

Judging by the state of Sheffield the answer to that seems obvious...

Just now, Anna B said:

I'm more interested to know if she's any good at her job, and is she worth the £200,000 we pay her?

Shes only worked for about 4 weeks , been off sick / holiday since 

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

Oh please Anna at least appraise yourself some facts as it would appear you seem to think she is responsible for the state of our city while she was working down in London. 

Any news on this individual and possible fine?

37 minutes ago, S1 1DJ said:

Any news on this individual and possible fine?

And any news on what she’s done to earn her salary ?

Well it all seems to be top secret cloke and dagger stuff regarding Kate Josephs dosnt it. The police , the Council all keeping shushy shushy about it . Even an external investigator has been brought in whos name is also shushy shushy is to report back to a cross party comittee and a freedom of Information request to the council is being withheld, with the council arguing that keeping it secret is in the public interest. Oh really , how arrogant , ignorant and deluded these people are  if thats the answer we get form them , they forget time and time again they are there to serve the people of Sheffield in a open and honest manor and not to try and keep us in the dark.             

Will be interesting to see if Terry fox ever steps up and gives an opinion. Labour nationally calls for people who broke the rules and get fines to resign. What will Labour locally do with their own chief executive. Tough spot. 

They’ll do absolutely nothing until after the local elections that for sure.  He’s not called Teflon Terry within the party for nothing 

16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

And any news on what she’s done to earn her salary ?

nothing  she is suspended indeed could even be doing consultancy earning more dosh

She’s not suspended. she’s on special leave. Might be semantics but the point is any other member of staff would have been suspended but it’s different rules for chief exec. Yet another bad taste in the mouth of staff.