Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

The issue is that it wasnt in the CURRENT office, surely?  

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The issue is that it wasnt in the CURRENT office, surely?  

Of course....you cant sack someone for something they did in their last job

They could ask her to resign but they'll offer a huge payoff under the table to take it

If they sack her she can sue the pants off of them 

What a farce. we are paying her to sit on her backside. As far as I can see the only issue is did she lie either on her application form in the interview about any of this or not and if she did not then like Jack says either she will be "sacked" and take a massive pay off or more likely will resign and negotiate a massive pay off.

Just now, BigAl1 said:

What a farce. we are paying her to sit on her backside. As far as I can see the only issue is did she lie either on her application form in the interview about any of this or not and if she did not then like Jack says either she will be "sacked" and take a massive pay off or more likely will resign and negotiate a massive pay off.

Well, two things.

a) I doubt there would have been a question about it

b) She would have applied for, and got the SCC job, before attending the leaving party of her old job, wouldnt she?

33 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well, two things.

a) I doubt there would have been a question about it

b) She would have applied for, and got the SCC job, before attending the leaving party of her old job, wouldnt she?

Exactly my point which perhaps was too subtle

on what grounds therefore would the council dismiss her that would not avoid a massive payoff

I believe damaging the council’s reputation / bringing the council into disrepute can be a reason to dismiss someone - but I agree, this has got lawyers and pay off written all over it. Her career is shot; she’ll want paying off. 

I don't know whether I have a different take on all this party business than everybody else, but it seems to me that the key point is, did people come in especially for it or had they all been there all day working? The whole point of the restrictions was to stop the spread of the virus, but if people had been there all day working and then stopped on and had some drink, there won't have been any increased risk of spreading the virus and in that case I don't see that any rules have been broken. On the other hand if people have turned up after the end of the working day specially to attend a drinking session, thien it does represent an increased risk and the rules have definitely been broken. As to which it is, only time will tell, I suppose.

I tend to agree but it is the lies that are the issue 

15 hours ago, metalman said:

I don't know whether I have a different take on all this party business than everybody else, but it seems to me that the key point is, did people come in especially for it or had they all been there all day working? The whole point of the restrictions was to stop the spread of the virus, but if people had been there all day working and then stopped on and had some drink, there won't have been any increased risk of spreading the virus and in that case I don't see that any rules have been broken. On the other hand if people have turned up after the end of the working day specially to attend a drinking session, thien it does represent an increased risk and the rules have definitely been broken. As to which it is, only time will tell, I suppose.

My understanding is Mrs Joseph’s sent invites out to over 40 people, many from other departments - so not just people that had been working together all day anyway, but people who congregated specifically for her leaving do. 

I started a petition to hopefully help end the whole Kate Josephs fiasco with her leaving the council.

Please go and sign it on Change

The petition will be sent to the elected leader of the council.

Link to the petition is below

https://chng.it/G9czJdwJ