Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO in light of her admission that she attended a party in Whitehall, breaking Covid regulations at the time, (which she helped formulat)? 

Yes or no?  Opinions considered either way. 

I think she should. 

Edited by Baron99

Not bothered about her resigning. It will only cost Sheffield more with severance pay, finding somebody else etc.

I'd just like to see her earn her £200,000 salary.

If we sack all the people who have attended these parties there'll be nobody left in Parliament.

On the other hand, maybe that's a very good idea.....

Edited by Anna B

The problem with sacking people is, who is waiting in the wings to make an even bigger mess?

Politicians should realise by now that the lid stays on nothing, everyone is being tracked and logged 24/7 in some way whether it be mobile phone calendars or GPS in cars.

People like Ms Josephs are eroding confidence in authority to the point where authority doesn't exist.

We need a third voting option:

Kate Josephs should only resign when Shagger Boris resigns.

It’s pointless for Kate Josephs to resign unless Shagger Boris sets an example first.

26 minutes ago, The Joker said:

We need a third voting option:

Kate Josephs should only resign when Shagger Boris resigns.

It’s pointless for Kate Josephs to resign unless Shagger Boris sets an example first.

agree with that,a total disgrace of a person

Why should she resign her present job? 
Should she rule herself out of all future jobs and go on the dole?

Why is it these muppets at the top always think that by saying sorry it will make everything all better again . WRONG . If i would have done this stunt in my job i would been sacked on the spot. Time to go for both Josephs and Boris , you need to follow the rules as well. Show us how sorry you both really are and go, us grass root Sheffielders will not forgive you for this. 

58 minutes ago, master jedi said:

Why is it these muppets at the top always think that by saying sorry it will make everything all better again . WRONG . If i would have done this stunt in my job i would been sacked on the spot. Time to go for both Josephs and Boris , you need to follow the rules as well. Show us how sorry you both really are and go, us grass root Sheffielders will not forgive you for this. 

Sacked on the spot for what exactly?

There is a clear anti-Boris bandwagon rolling here with every Tom Dick and Harry throwing around their uncorroborated opinions and wild speculations when nobody in any official capacity has said that an actual law has been broken yet.

Distasteful or hypocritical as lay members of the public might think it, number 10 and the entirety of the House of Commons is not a normal location.   Whilst the rest of us may have been on furlough or  home working,  the highest government office in the country has people there all the time including several who live there. The pm's office and his highest other authorities do not have a fixed work time agenda. They don't pop in for a shift and then pop off home again. Even the House of Commons still has debates and committees and meetings running into the late evening on a regular daily basis.

For God's sake what exactly is happening here -  the way people are talking it as if there's been  some debauched orgy going off every night. In reality we are looking at small groups of people already working there day in day out having a few drinks socially distanced in the same building.  Even the opposition party have being caught doing the same only theirs appears to have been in someone's house which IMO is even worse.     You are not telling me that in hundreds of other organisations up and down the country there were not work places doing the same. Not one single socially distanced gathering over lunch time in the break room or someone cracking open a few bottles of wine for a leaving do or having some informal staff meeting in the car parks or terraces socially distanced to thank the essential staff coming in....my backside.  

Yes she has apologised, of course she has, she can't even have a choice in the matter. But are we really going to permanently tar people like this. What sort of society are we becoming with this nitpicking, finger pointing, constant tribal deluded support to one party or another.

No she should not resign.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Think it's wrong she's not even been elected to such a high profile role. Why have we ended up with tory Downing street scum in charge of our council, a council without any tory councillors.

29 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Think it's wrong she's not even been elected to such a high profile role. Why have we ended up with tory Downing street scum in charge of our council, a council without any tory councillors.

My goodness that is some chip you have got on your shoulder.

It's a chief executive officer position. It is a job that someone interviews for, shortlisted and selected for their skills and experience.  It is separate from the personality cult and revolving door of elected committees. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

32 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Anybody can apply for the role of Sheffield Council CEO; it’s not an elected position like a councillor or MP.

Anyway, I’m not expecting Josephs will leave the post due to the Lockdown party scandal: given how long Mothersole was in charge for, I think that expecting a CEO to resign due merely to gross incompetence and stupidity might prove to be very, very difficult indeed 😁

41 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

Apart from Lewis Chinchen, Councillor for Stocksbridge and Upper Don.