Sheffield City Centre - The Future

10 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Plenty to choose from, Fox Hill, Upperthorpe, Page Hall, Firth Park, Lowedges, Westfield, Halfway, Intake, Stocksbridge, Parson Cross, Tinsley, Darnall. All primarily residential areas.

All residential areas but if you want give examples of a ‘rough’ residential areas Wisewood, Grenoside and Sothall aren’t the ones most would pick out and neither are some of the ones in the list above.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I'm sure they're all being demolished to make way for the new Radisson Hotel on Pinstone St. 

The hotel will have a Pinstone Street, ground-level entrance but the hotel will mostly be in the upper floors.

Either side of the hotel entrance on ground floor (roughly where the old Co-op used to be) will be a restaurant unit (closest to Fargate) and a retail/shop unit (closest to The Moor).

Guest busdriver1
18 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Plenty to choose from, Fox Hill, Upperthorpe, Page Hall, Firth Park, Lowedges, Westfield, Halfway, Intake, Stocksbridge, Parson Cross, Tinsley, Darnall. All primarily residential areas.

but you lost all credibility when you described Tinsley as Brinsworth so how can we take these analysis as accurate? 

Recently for the first time in years and years I drove along Blonk Street. I barely recognized the place, what the hell have they done?

On 02/09/2022 at 20:40, HumbleNarrator said:

Recently for the first time in years and years I drove along Blonk Street. I barely recognized the place, what the hell have they done?

Grey to green scheme. IMO not a bad idea since we don't really need massive dual carriageways down there now.

• Like 3

The Grey to Green plantings are stunning IMO, especially the ones in the Castlegate area. I've written to SCC to tell them so. Great to see them do something so positive after the tree vandalism era.

• Like 3

Saw a report on the BBC this morning showing what became of Liverpool's old Debenhams' city centre building that became disused around the same time as Sheffield's. 

A developer has spent around £10 million to change it into an entertainment centre across a number of its floors with a stage area for live entertainment; a bar;  cafe; indoor go karting: indoor crazy golf; amusements, etc.    

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Saw a report on the BBC this morning showing what became of Liverpool's old Debenhams' city centre building that became disused around the same time as Sheffield's. 

A developer has spent around £10 million to change it into an entertainment centre across a number of its floors with a stage area for live entertainment; a bar;  cafe; indoor go karting: indoor crazy golf; amusements, etc.    

But , but , but .....

Edited by hackey lad