Sheffield City Centre - The Future

10 hours ago, The Joker said:

Should we vote for an Evil Tory council then ?

Would that make you happier, or just less angry ?

Yes you’re only allowed an opinion  if you’re left of Lenin, with zero business experience and a hatred for anyone who has. You get what you vote for, so enjoy.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Yes you’re only allowed an opinion  if you’re left of Lenin, with zero business experience and a hatred for anyone who has. You get what you vote for, so enjoy.

And that applies if you are right of Thatcher ,who went to war with working class people  ,it is due to her and her followers inc the present incumbent at Downing Street that people are homeless and others unable to get urgent medical treatment .

Lenin was right , it is those that followed on inc the present dictator in Russia who decided they wanted to be just like the Tories .

8 hours ago, Martin C said:

I really (really) don't like places like Meadowhall and have genuinely never ever shopped there.  I can however appreciate the attractions of being able to wander around without being pestered by scroungers, spiceheads and smackheads.

I used to take my grandkids down to the grass in front of the cathedral. Sit, have a bit of a picnic, relax in the sun. The wasters you mention have spoiled that forever. One of my g-kids, aged 3, was terrified when a gang of 5 or 6 of them started a running fight around the whole area. I grabbed him, covered his face with my coat and held close as it all kicked off. Never again. Even when they're not fighting the language is horrific and the constant begging and not leaving you alone is disturbing. They've ruined the city centre.

I'm all for the fire brigade turning water cannons on them. I don't care where they go, just get them out of my city. We've been an easy touch/target for far too long. Snowflakes, start wringing your hands now.....

Edited by wearysmith

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

I used to take my grandkids down to the grass in front of the cathedral. Sit, have a bit of a picnic, relax in the sun. The wasters you mention have spoiled that forever.

I sympathise with you, that experience sounds awful.

As for me, I feel that the low prices & bargains I can acquire from the bottom of the Moor including Poundbakery, Poundland and Jack Fultons, mean it’s worth me running the gauntlet past the noisy bunch of ne’erdowells that congregate down there from time to time.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

And that applies if you are right of Thatcher ,who went to war with working class people  ,it is due to her and her followers inc the present incumbent at Downing Street that people are homeless and others unable to get urgent medical treatment .

Lenin was right , it is those that followed on inc the present dictator in Russia who decided they wanted to be just like the Tories .

Both Thatcher and Lenin had no problems in receiving hospital treatment, I’m as working class as they come and have learned that if I want/need something badly enough I sort it out myself, I wouldn’t trust a politician with anything relating to me and mine.

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I sympathise with you, that experience sounds awful.

As for me, I feel that the low prices & bargains I can acquire from the bottom of the Moor including Poundbakery, Poundland and Jack Fultons, mean it’s worth me running the gauntlet past the noisy bunch of ne’erdowells that congregate down there from time to time.

I love that team that stand under Atkinsons canopy the ones with the lovely boxer dog , they share all their fags , take aways and company with who ever needs it .

I notice it a lot around Town those that have nowt are more likely to share than those who have to much .

12 hours ago, Martin C said:

I really (really) don't like places like Meadowhall and have genuinely never ever shopped there.  I can however appreciate the attractions of being able to wander around without being pestered by scroungers, spiceheads and smackheads.

But if Meadowhall was slap bang in the heart of the City, covering the area from the Pinstone Street frontage back up past John Lewis / Coles towards Charter Square and up Division Street, would people shop there that don't shop there now ?

Norfolk Street office development narrowly refused by SCC councilors, 7 to 6 after being recommended by Planning Officers. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/sheffield-tower-block-would-block-22814181.amp

Eventually things will return to normal but what I'm reading & hearing is that due to the consequences of the pandemic, many office based businesses & their workers will now be looking at hybrid working models with the continuation of working from home for many.  Therefore, given their is existing empty office space in tbe city centre, does it require more? 

29 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Norfolk Street office development narrowly refused by SCC councilors, 7 to 6 after being recommended by Planning Officers. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/sheffield-tower-block-would-block-22814181.amp

Eventually things will return to normal but what I'm reading & hearing is that due to the consequences of the pandemic, many office based businesses & their workers will now be looking at hybrid working models with the continuation of working from home for many.  Therefore, given their is existing empty office space in tbe city centre, does it require more? 

They would've approved it in Leeds no problem

And people want to be careful about working from home because if you can do your job from home then someone in India can do it for a  lot less money 🤔

11 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

And people want to be careful about working from home because if you can do your job from home then someone in India can do it for a  lot less money 🤔

Well that's not a new concept is it?   In fact many companies that did this in the 1990's actually scrapped this idea & returned to using UK based call centers & workers.  Norwich Union for example. 

The UK Govt can also save the UK tax payers a fortune by not forking out for office space either.  

24 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

They also approved putting up a statue of Sir Jimmy Savile

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

They also approved putting up a statue of Sir Jimmy Savile

Is that comment meant to be funny?

You should put a smiling emoji at the end of the sentence just to be clear 🙄