What Do Sheffielder People Collect?

Among other things, I started to collect pocket knives at the age of eight. I soon became disallusioned with the first two knives I had obtained from out of mi moms black plastic handbag. The pocket knives were made by.....

1.George Cutts & Sons. The pocket knife blade was very sharp but brittle.

2.Tyzack's. The whole pocket knife was bulky and blunt.

I managed to rid myself of the knives by trading them in with a school classmate, exchanging them for a big pile of nuddy mags that belonged to his dad.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zakes said:

Among other things, I started to collect pocket knives at the age of eight. I soon became disallusioned with the first two knives I had obtained from out of mi moms black plastic handbag. The pocket knives were made by.....

1.George Cutts & Sons. The pocket knife blade was very sharp but brittle.

2.Tyzack's. The whole pocket knife was bulky and blunt.

I managed to rid myself of the knives by trading them in with a school classmate, exchanging them for a big pile of nuddy mags that belonged to his dad.

😂😂😂 . I too use to have a fine collection of knives,  no idea what happened to them over the years but  nuddy mags weren’t involved , honest mam 😂

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

😂😂😂 . I too use to have a fine collection of knives,  no idea what happened to them over the years but  nuddy mags weren’t involved , honest mam 😂

Well I've got a very sharp knife in the knife drawer.

If Zakes has still got the nuddy mags, I will gladly exchange the knife for them.

Assuming of course the pages aren't stuck together.

I used to go to a hotel which has a display case full of antiques,  I bought a few vespa cases and also silver pin cushion in the shape of animals,  when I got a reasonable collection I took them to Bonhams and made about £250 (it was in the 1990s)  holiday money.