Has The Wagon 1871 Bistro Closed?

Does anyone know if the Wagon 1871 bistro opposite the railway station has closed down permanently? I haven't seen it open for quite some time now whenever I've gone past it. I have occasionally seen a light on in there but never any sign of life.

10 hours ago, AY1975 said:

Does anyone know if the Wagon 1871 bistro opposite the railway station has closed down permanently? I haven't seen it open for quite some time now whenever I've gone past it. I have occasionally seen a light on in there but never any sign of life.

Probably another victim of unnecessary lockdowns 😠

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Probably another victim of unnecessary lockdowns 😠

Or they are just closed for winter break like a lot of businesses.

7 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Or they are just closed for winter break like a lot of businesses.

What businesses close for a winter break? 😕

This isnt Ibiza 

26 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The coffee shop down our road.Also the government they are partying

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

This isnt Ibiza 

Lots of places.  Coffee shop, dry cleaners, restaurant and a few other places near me have all been closed for a bit over Christmas. Some for a few days others a bit longer.

2 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Lots of places.  Coffee shop, dry cleaners, restaurant and a few other places near me have all been closed for a bit over Christmas. Some for a few days others a bit longer.

They must have a really lucrative businesses if they can afford to close down for a few months after 2 years of lockdowns 😕

6 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

They must have a really lucrative businesses if they can afford to close down for a few months after 2 years of lockdowns 😕

Not a few months just a couple of days a week at most. There will be places in Sheffield that do it.

11 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Not a few months just a couple of days a week at most. There will be places in Sheffield that do it.

The OP has stated that it hasnt been open for a long time and he/she suspects that its closed down 🙄

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they're turning it into an Indian street food restaurant. Looks like it's nearly finished as well.

4 hours ago, sammo sparks said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they're turning it into an Indian street food restaurant. Looks like it's nearly finished as well.

Drove past Wagon 1871 tonight, lights on, pavement and bus stop blocked with cars, so I guess it's either open, or all hands to the pumps to get it open.

On 17/01/2022 at 17:53, sammo sparks said:

Yes, it now has signs up saying Indian street food. I haven't had a chance to make use of it yet but I hope to do so at some point. 

About ten years ago, before it became the 1871 Wagon Bistro, it was a kind of noodle bar type place called Wok2Work. I've been in there a few times both when it was Wok2Work and when it was the 1871 Wagon Bistro. I really liked both establishments but it was never very busy despite being one of the nearest (if not THE nearest) places to the station where you could get a proper sit-down meal. Let's hope the new Indian street food place does better!

Edited by AY1975