C. Heating On Or Off During The Night?

20 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You must've won the lottery 🤨

giphy.gif  

I didn’t work for 48 years to spend my retirement watching the energy meters, everyone to their own. 😉

8 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I didn’t work for 48 years to spend my retirement watching the energy meters, everyone to their own. 😉

You might think again when your bills go up by 300% 

The price rises are insane 🙄

13 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You might think again when your bills go up by 300% 

The price rises are insane 🙄

The world is insane, nothing I can do about it, I know couples who spend circa £10K p/a on smoking and as much again in the pub, we don’t, as I said previously ‘ everyone to their own’.

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

The world is insane, nothing I can do about it, I know couples who spend circa £10K p/a on smoking and as much again in the pub, we don’t, as I said previously, everyone to their own.

Edited by crookesey

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

I walk passed an old guys house that lives near me; I can never see any lighting or TV when I walk past.

My house on the other hand is lit up like a lighthouse.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

I walk passed an old guys house that lives near me; I can never see any lighting or TV when I walk past.

My house on the other hand is lit up like a lighthouse.

He's probably got a garage 🙃 .

On 13/01/2022 at 19:53, Jack Grey said:

Im extremely lucky to live in a very well insulated home when im alone i will wear a tracky top and close all the doors and i only really need to turn on the heating when the outside temperature hits zero

And when i do turn on the heating i blast it for 15mins and it keeps the place warm for hours

However, my partner is always freezing and she turns on the heating in the summer.....its like living in the Amazon rain forest

Women are always cold so if you want to save a fortune on rising fuel costs then be a bachelor 👍

‘Women are always cold I  don’t know if that’s a scientific fact but try telling that to a most menopausal women.

I’m in my late 60s and my heating is definitely off at night and most of the day too. Brought up in a house with no CH and just a coal fire in the living room so wearing warm clothing comes naturally. My family turn up in t shirts and head for the thermostat but have been warned. 

Edited by catmiss
Revised

I’m a 74 years old  Rheumatoid Arthritis and High Blood Pressure sufferer, I never used to feel the cold when I was a younger fitter person. Having said that I take a longish walk every day, whatever the weather (the dog insists), albeit me looking like Nanook of the North.

9 hours ago, catmiss said:

‘Women are always cold I  don’t know if that’s a scientific fact but try telling that to a most menopausal women.

I’m in my late 60s and my heating is definitely off at night and most of the day too. Brought up in a house with no CH and just a coal fire in the living room so wearing warm clothing comes naturally. My family turn up in t shirts and head for the thermostat but have been warned. 

A 94 year old relative of mine is on a medication that makes him feel warm, I bet it saves him hundreds, as his heating is set to 18*c

The price hike’s for fuel is now out off hands and wants reviewing by government 

Edited by jacklev1

On 23/01/2022 at 10:23, El Cid said:

A 94 year old relative of mine is on a medication that makes him feel warm, I bet it saves him hundreds, as his heating is set to 18*c

That’s the same setting as mine when it’s on and I feel positively balmy😀

12 hours ago, catmiss said:

That’s the same setting as mine when it’s on and I feel positively balmy😀

Its his daughter that complains, I fear they are the weaker sex when it comes to heating  :)